Reasonably Priced Computer Components

ChiangMaiAmerican

Does anyone know of any shops in either Chiang Mai or Bangkok that don't gouge on pricing? I wanted to add some additional firewire ports to my computer and discovered, at least in Chiang Mai, the vendors want 1200 to 1400 baht for 3 connector board . I can new 4 port firewire boards outside Thailand for 280 baht delivered. The problem is the vendors won't ship to Thailand so it would have to go to the US first and then back to Thailand which costs time and money. The duty on components is 0% so the markup is just pure unadulterated price gouging. I notice all the shops refer to a printed price sheet from a wholesaler to determine pricing. Does on family control all computer component vendors in Thailand? If anyone knows of a vendor that doesn't gouge I would appreciate knowing who and where they are.

I haven't seen 4 port Firewire Crads only 3 port cards! May what you see was USB, they having 4 port!

Have to check my Stock, if I still have in Stock the cost for 3 Port Firewire is THB 600 + postage.

If you interested PM me.

It is a firewire card and it does have 4 ports. The vendor is in Hong Kong. Here is the description:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-4-PORT-IEEE-1394-F...1QQcmdZViewItem

DESCRIPTION

• 100% Brand New
  • IEEE 1394 data transfer rate up to 400 Mbps,
  • PCI 2.1 compliance
  • Support DV, hard drive, IPOD etc...
  • Connect up to 63 devices

Specification

• Compliant with IEEE 1394 OHCI Specification Revision 1.0
  • Data Transfer rate: 100/200/400Mbps
  • Compliant with IEEE 1394-1995, P1394a (rev.1.1) and OHCI Specification 1.0
  • Support serial bus data transfer rates of 100, 200 and 400Mbps
  • 32-bit DMA channels for physical memory read/write

System Requirement

• Windows 98SE, Windows 2000, Windows ME and Windows XP

Packing Include

• 1394 Firewire 4 port interface card

Edited by ChiangMaiAmerican

Yeah ok, it's an internal port the 4. one!

But anyway you can't compare the eBay prices with Shop prices and I wouldn't buy from eBay anyway. To much fraut!

I've been an Ebay member since 1996. Rarely do I encounter fraud particularly when a vendor has a high positive feedback score. The vendor in question is pushing 10,000 positive. Comparing shop prices, there is no reason to mark up goods 500% except for the lack of market competition.

Just look around at the various component stores. There are plenty that will sell these things for around 400-500 baht. I recently bought one myself. You just need to go to a fairly big IT place and shop around.

I'll probably have to get a friend in Bangkok to check for me. In Pantip Chiang Mai there does not appear to be a vendor offering those prices. Everyone here opens what appears to be the same book and the range has been 1200 baht to 1400 baht.

Attach 2 photos from the FW Card. The card has 3 Ports: 2 big and 1 small.

Price is THB 600 incl 1 year Warranty and the product is new. The price is NOT negotiable.

Again, if want PM me. You can get an VAT Invoice which means + 7% VAT

Postage is extra and they will be below THB 100.

post-33339-1196144765_thumb.jpg

post-33339-1196144775_thumb.jpg

You could probably find firewire hubs in Mac shops, but they would of course cost quite a bit.

Strange that CM wouldn't have these things, as they're not that hard to find in the IT centers. Several years ago, it would have been hard to find (and the reason why I got one from the US at that time), but not now.