Agarwood Nurseries

tjbhuler

We managed to buy ours at a local place where our guy sold all different types of trees. I`m in Chiang Rai though.

I`ve never heard of the word Gharu!!. My wife essentially calls them "Krisina" or "Mai Hom". Meaning wood that smells nice.

If you ask for Krisina at your local tree/flower markets they may be able to order them for you.

Chang35baht.

Edited by chang35baht

hi i'm new to this forum have been reading up on agarwood/gharu and am keen on starting this project :o

could anyone help me where to buy this seedling from would appreciate if could give me the addresses and contact num..

thank you in advance

Hi Tjbhuler,

Chang35baht is right about the local name. I think you can find Mai Krisana seedlings in local plant shops wherever you are. I think gharu is the muslim name (e.g. in Malaysia). Price should be about 20 baht each.

JB

hi i'm new to this forum have been reading up on agarwood/gharu and am keen on starting this project :o

could anyone help me where to buy this seedling from would appreciate if could give me the addresses and contact num..

thank you in advance

Hi Tjbhuler,

Chang35baht is right about the local name. I think you can find Mai Krisana seedlings in local plant shops wherever you are. I think gharu is the muslim name (e.g. in Malaysia). Price should be about 20 baht each.

JB

was reading it around the net bout it and gharu name was given for it too..

thks guys was hoping a contact num too would be nice as am trying to help my friend too

for this project..the price of 20baht/seedling is at what age are the seedlings?

Contact number for who? Just ask around or get your wife to ask around at the local market gardeners. It shouldn`t be a hassle.

I assume you want to plant the trees yourselves. I would advise you not to get involved with one of those management projects where you pay for trees already planted on plots of land. And have them maintained for you

Have you researched about the method of making the actual agarwood and the process it involves?

I think when we planted ours the seedlings were approx. 3months old and 15Baht each. But that was 4 years ago.So 20Baht may be about right

Edited by chang35baht

• 2 months later...
I wonder if there is more news about the patent litigation concerning resin inducement methods? The outcome could affect the availability of third party kits down the road.

Haven't heard about this issue... Has it been resolved as I'd like to lant 150 - 200 trees just before the rainy season.

• 4 months later...

Dear sir,

I am a farmer from Thailand (Khonkaen district).

I have small piece of land .(20 rai), on which I grow fruits and eucalyptus trees.

My friend told me that these days there is profitability in growing agarwood trees instead of eucalyptus trees.

But I have problems in growing agarwood trees.

I don’t have technical knowledge for agarwood trees :-

Is there any institution, which teaches how to grow agarwood trees, like on which season I should plant the trees, at what interval water to be given, and what fertilizers are good for these trees.

Where can I have soil test, so that I can know weather soil of my farm is good for agarwood plantation or not.

I read on internet about the excellent work of professors from university of minesota, they said their work is for helping the poor farmers (they lie), but after contacting their company (touchwood) I came to know that they want me to invest a huge amount in their company and only then they will share some info. about plantation of agarwood.

I am a poor farmer and don’t have such huge money to invest in their investment project.

I am willing to produce agarwood through use of CA kit, but before using it I need information for plantation.

I expect from you to help me and give some information about the plantation of agarwood.

Thaks a lot

Regards,