A Feat Of Strength

The strong young man at the construction site was bragging that he could outdo anyone in a feat of strength. He made a special case of making fun of one of the older workmen.

After several minutes, the older worker had had enough. "Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?" he said. "I will bet a week's wages that I can haul something in a wheelbarrow over to that building that you won't be able to wheel back."

"You're on, old man," the young guy replied. The old man reached out and grabbed the wheelbarrow by the handles. Then he turned to the young man and said, "Alright. Get in."

Another,

A strong man was displaying his feats of strength for the folks on Brighton beach. Usual stuff bending iron bars around his neck, lifting heavy weights, pulling buses along the road etc. At the end of the act he said "I'll give ten pounds to any man who can amaze me with his strength". The crowd muttered and shuffled about but nobody came forward. "Okay I'll make that twenty pounds then". Again no takers. "Right, final offer fifty pounds to anyone who can better my feats of strength".

This time a little skinny man in spectacles, a dark grey suit and bowler hat shuffled forward. Everybody tittered. "Okay freind, what's your name?" "Arthur Littleton" the man replied. "So what are you going to do that's so amazing?" The little man said nothing but bent down and picked a pebble from the beach. The crowd was silent as he raised his hand with the pebble and squeezed. He squeezed, and squeezed, and squeezed and eventually a little drop of blood dropped to the ground.

The crowd went berzerk cheering and clapping like hel_l. The strong man's jaw dropped, when he regained his composure he said "Okay you win here's your fifty notes, that was truly amazing. Tell me what do you do for a living?"

The little old man replied "I'm a tax inspector"