First-timer Non Imm Type B (in Penang?)

Hello Guys!!

Have been reading many posts here but still haven't got a clue, too many different things have been covered in here....What a headache! :D:o

So i will try to make it as clear and coincise as possible.....

My situation:

1) Just setup my own company;

2) I am the director but NO have WP;

3) I have a TV (60 days from Royal Thai Embassy in Laos 1,000 bath stamp) on old passport;

4) New passport will not show any visa stamps;

Questions:

1 Is Penang the right place to go for first timers?

2 Are the "sponsor letter" and copy of shareholders agreement enough? And of course the right application form?

3 Do i need any photos? (how many? 2?)

Hope I have covered every angle...but please feel free to ask any question... :D

Thanks in advance!

Lino

Penang are currently issuing Non-Immigrant Category B Visas, if your paper work is correct. However you cannot initially get a one year visa in neighbouring countries to Thailand without a valid work permit.

The list of requirements for a non Immigrant B visa are at the following link to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs: http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2492

You will see in the link that both Work Permit and Invitation Letter from the Ministry of Labour are listed. Obviously you do not have a work permit, so you need the Invitation Letter mentioned - which is a slip of paper (kind of receipt) that you get from Labour when you first apply for a workpermit using form WP3 - this must be done before you make your trip to Penang.

You will initially get a three month single entry non immigrant B visa. When that expires you should have your work permit which will allow you to apply again at Penang for a one year multiple non immigrant B.

Good Luck

Penang are currently issuing Non-Immigrant Category B Visas, if your paper work is correct. However you cannot initially get a one year visa in neighbouring countries to Thailand without a valid work permit.

The list of requirements for a non Immigrant B visa are at the following link to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs: http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2492

You will see in the link that both Work Permit and Invitation Letter from the Ministry of Labour are listed. Obviously you do not have a work permit, so you need the Invitation Letter mentioned - which is a slip of paper (kind of receipt) that you get from Labour when you first apply for a workpermit using form WP3 - this must be done before you make your trip to Penang.

You will initially get a three month single entry non immigrant B visa. When that expires you should have your work permit which will allow you to apply again at Penang for a one year multiple non immigrant B.

Good Luck

Thanks for reply.

So if i understood well with the papers i have at the moment i can get a Non Imm B visa but nNOT a multi entry one, right?

Thanks again.

Lino

Ops...forgot to ask u something....is Laos (vientiane) ok for first timer? Or is Penang a better bet?

Thanks!

Edited by Linosea

In Europe, it still seems to be possible to get a 1-year-multiple B with just a recommendation letter from a Thai Company , or even a Foreign company doing business (tourism for example) in Thailand.

At least in the honorary consular offices it seems to be possible, while at the embassies it might be very difficult....

though, didnt hear any new reports about that matter in the past few months.....

In Europe, it still seems to be possible to get a 1-year-multiple B with just a recommendation letter from a Thai Company , or even a Foreign company doing business (tourism for example) in Thailand.

At least in the honorary consular offices it seems to be possible, while at the embassies it might be very difficult....

though, didnt hear any new reports about that matter in the past few months.....

Liverpool is a no no for a 1yr multi non B without WP. Hull is still ok tho.

Thank you!

Unfortunately i am in Thailand at the mo... :o

I think I will give it a try in Penang.....if this fail shall i be able to get the TVx2 anyway the same time or i will be blacklisted or redstamped (i.e. No visa stamp in Penang anymore or such)?