Recommended Auto Repair Shop ?

dpsalad

From the pinned subject: hotels-hospitals-etc. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6506

Vehicle Mechanics

• VP Auto opposite Nadi Court on Si Ping Muang Road. Middle left of square C6 on This Map. They are one of the few proper auto repair garages in Chiang Mai, owned by an Ajarn in vehicle maintenance at Rajphat. Some English, but not too good.

For the link to te map you have to go to the abovementioned pinned subject.

I brought my car there for repair and they did a fine job against a reasonable price. They do oil changes as well.

Nienke

From the pinned subject: hotels-hospitals-etc. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6506

Vehicle Mechanics

• VP Auto opposite Nadi Court on Si Ping Muang Road. Middle left of square C6 on This Map. They are one of the few proper auto repair garages in Chiang Mai, owned by an Ajarn in vehicle maintenance at Rajphat. Some English, but not too good.

For the link to te map you have to go to the abovementioned pinned subject.

I brought my car there for repair and they did a fine job against a reasonable price. They do oil changes as well.

Nienke

Nienke - I'm looking at the map (middle of C6) and can see its off Mahidol Road, but can't figure out the best way in or where exactly its located if you can - Thanks

Driving from Airport Plaza, head east on Mahidol road, away from the airport. Look out for a pedestrian overpass about half way to Chiang Mai Land and turn left at the soi before the overpass. Down a little hill off the road, round a corner to the left and V-P is facing you on the left of the road as the road curves right.

Oops, my explanation skills :o

Coming from Airport plaza and heading direction Ban Mha ka Meaw/ CM land entrance you will pass some petrol stations on your left. If I recall well it's first the Caltex and then PTT. After the second there's a small soi to the left (drive slow on the left lane as it is easy to be missed), where you go in. Very soon, 40 50 meter?????, you'll reach a T-section, where you take the left turn. Almost immediately on your left there is the car mechanic.

I hope I'm correct with the petrol stations :D Maybe p1p can give you better directions as it was him who recommended the place on this forum.

Very kind people :D

Nienke

edit/ hahahahha, he already did when I was writing this post :D

Another option for you is J & N Auto Service, Jimmy speak's excellent English (spent 15 years in the US) he does many of the repairs for the CM classic car guy's. It's located on the Chiang Mai-Lamphun road if you take the the super highway from the Airport plaza go past the Chiang Mai land turn off over the river take the next exit sign posted for Lamphun, Turn right onto the road (Adventure hotel is on your Right) go straight down this road you will see 7-11 and tesco on your left carry on for about 1/2 a kilometer and it is on the right there is a sign you can see from the road. his Phone number is 053801416 or Mbl 018852893.

Another option for you is J & N Auto Service, Jimmy speak's excellent English (spent 15 years in the US) he does many of the repairs for the CM classic car guy's. It's located on the Chiang Mai-Lamphun road if you take the the super highway from the Airport plaza go past the Chiang Mai land turn off over the river take the next exit sign posted for Lamphun, Turn right onto the road (Adventure hotel is on your Right) go straight down this road you will see 7-11 and tesco on your left carry on for about 1/2 a kilometer and it is on the right there is a sign you can see from the road. his Phone number is 053801416 or Mbl 018852893.

Yes, I have had several repairs done very well at Jimmy's and I know several friends with European cars that always use him. However,my wife seems to think his prices are pretty steep and I guess they are compared to most Thai shops, However, the old cliche 'you get what you pay for' seems to kick in here.

Yes, I have had several repairs done very well at Jimmy's and I know several friends with European cars that always use him. However,my wife seems to think his prices are pretty steep and I guess they are compared to most Thai shops, However, the old cliche 'you get what you pay for' seems to kick in here.

Correct, but i found him pretty reasonable (maybe i get discount as i'm his neighbour :o )