Any Experience Of Nlp

seonai

I am thinking of this for a couple of 'fears' I have since getting TB. Has anyone else tried it?

Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) ????

:o a lot of thought and time invested in OPs post... Nlp and TB??

Edited by zorro1

Sorry, was offline. Yes - Neuro-linguistic programming - I read about it online and it's (I think) a way of 'teaching' your brain to 'unlearn' habits so could potentially help with panic attack type situations. I have developed a few 'bad reactions' since I have been suffering from TB (tuberculosis) and have extensive breathing difficulties so I'd like to 'unlearn' these reactions and wondered if NLP would help...

I have done NLP some time ago as a training & deveolpment tool for work.

Personally I think it is a lot of Horse-Hockey and a waste of my time travelling to London, but that is just an opinion.

It was all about left brain this lower right that and being able to lock into a certain subjects and see yourself in the future and how it all panned out, in my opinion you don't need NLP for that, however one strong caveat, I had lost interest very early on, because I thought it tosh, so probably didn't get the best out if it.

I'll see if I can find the notes and send them on.

Moss

Personally I think it is a lot of Horse-Hockey and a waste of my time travelling to London, but that is just an opinion.

It was all about left brain this lower right that and being able to lock into a certain subjects and see yourself in the future and how it all panned out, in my opinion you don't need NLP for that, however one strong caveat, I had lost interest very early on, because I thought it tosh, so probably didn't get the best out if it.

Moss

Bin dere seen it done it got teeshirt. Quick fix de mumbo de jumbo ffective fo tracting most amount of decash from de suckers

Moss

Bin dere seen it done it got teeshirt. Quick fix de mumbo de jumbo ffective fo tracting most amount of decash from de suckers

NLP is an amazing experience if you do a full time 10 day workshop. However its only useful if you become an NLP practitioner or you use it for sales but forget about self administration! get the phonebook and find a grand master who you will give a lot of money to for 5 or 6 sessions but its still way cheaper than doing the whole course. Its worth a shot don't give up on it, good luck

Interesting comments everyone... I believe that it is possible to train your brain (because of Buddhist studies I tried) so I am curious about NLP. I think we learn thought reactions to things and that it's possible to overcome these... but I take on board that there are wierdos out there ... hence the reason for asking

A somewhat related but IMO better treatment is EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization something), usually done in combination with cognitive behavior therapy. I've had it and can attest to its efficacy. Like NLP it is based on neuroscience, and what it does is (1) help you to process traumatic experiences and put them in the past, and (2) help you reprogram your mind, replacing negative/unhealthy beliefs with more constructive ones.

I know there are EMDR practitioners in the UK. People should have special training to do it, so do a web search to find someone certified. Therapists who do EMDR don't do it exclusively, the also do other types of therapy (usually CBT) and after meeting with you and getting an idea of your situation they can advise you whether or not EMDR is likely to help.

EMDR was initially developed to deal with post-traumatic stress disorder, but it has been found to have wider applications than just that.

No matter what technique is being used, a critical element to success in therapy is the degree of trust and rapport with the therapist, so shop around if need be to find one you feel comfortable with.

Good luck

Interesting comments everyone... I believe that it is possible to train your brain (because of Buddhist studies I tried) so I am curious about NLP. I think we learn thought reactions to things and that it's possible to overcome these...

I think you just came up with an alternative more cost effective solution. If your Bhuddist studies have presented such a possibility, then perhaps your time would be well spent trying a Bhuddist approach. It might prove better in the long run for both your finances and your peace of mind. At least if you try the Bhuddist route, you might at least walk away with an improved skill at remaining calm, whereas, a no result NLP training session will leave you poorer in the pocketbook.

• 6 months later...
I am thinking of this for a couple of 'fears' I have since getting TB. Has anyone else tried it?

Tried to send you this as a PM but I think you must have it disabled...

Hi, I saw your post asking if anyone ever tried NLP, and something about TB. I think the last message in the thread is a few months old, but I was just wondering if you ever persued this further or learned any more about it.

I ask because I do have experience in a variety of directions of NLP based processes, so I'm always interested in the discussion. Where are you located? I'm in BKK and found your post when doing google searches for Thai area study groups, but I've also had some fairly extensive training myself. I might be able to help you out some in one way or another, but I haven't worked with anyone directly in a while. Lately I've been reviewing my education in this area, so you peaked my interest in your quest to learn about it.

Previous posts that minimalized it as something akin to positive thinking sounds like Basic Practicioner stuff thats only meant to be a small part of a much larger process. Advanced NLP is intended to directly affect change at the neurological level of the brain and nervous system. Many doctors (M.D.'s) utilize Time Line Therapy (a field of NLP) as an adjunct to all of their surgeries, for example. On the other hand, simply taking a look at where your driving Values and Meta-Programs may be in conflict, could clear up a lot of blocks which impede your own natural healing process. If you're interested in having any kind of discussion, send me a PM with an email address.

Christian