Small Electric Area Heater In Cm

jaideeguy

Yes it sure is a bit nippy in the morning and evening's,

my missus has been on at me to get a heater sent over from the UK because she didn't think they were sold in Thailand

so i thought i'd come to do a bit of research on thaivisa (great site).

Anyway can anybody tell me where this 'Global House' is. Thank's.

Yes it sure is a bit nippy in the morning and evening's,

my missus has been on at me to get a heater sent over from the UK because she didn't think they were sold in Thailand

so i thought i'd come to do a bit of research on thaivisa (great site).

Anyway can anybody tell me where this 'Global House' is. Thank's.

If you're heading south from town on Hang Dong Road, it's the first major road to your left after the end of the runway i.e. not 1141 (too early) and not 121 (too late) - I can't see a number/name for this road on any of my maps but it's multi-lane. Drive for nearly 10 mins and you'll see a huge/high Global House sign in the distance - the entrance and store are on the left. The boxed heaters are stacked in the middle of the sales floor just to the right of the entrance.

Incidentally, I saw in another thread about this that someone complained of a loud clicking as the thermostat cut in/out. Maybe that member has hyper-sensitive hearing or was just unlucky with the heater; mine is barely audible and certainly not intrusive. Also, unless you're really strapped for the 720 baht price difference, I would go for the the higher-rated model - it has min/med/max settings further adjustable by the thermostat control. Love mine! And - for a few baht more - you can find a timer plug at Global that will allow you to set an "on" time to take the chill off your place say an hour before you get up.......... :o

The one I bought doesn't really work on high (full wattage). The thermostat cuts out before the room is as warm as I like it and then cycles on and off every minute or so to maintain the room at about 22. However on the lower wattage it stays on all the time and warms the room fine to about 24. I guess that's ok as it's not going to get much colder than this, I hope.

Somebody mentioned that the thermostat measures oil temperature. I guess mine is somehow defective. Not really worth taking it back and attempting to explain it to Global House though.

it has min/med/max settings further adjustable by the thermostat control. Love mine! And - for a few baht more - you can find a timer plug at Global that will allow you to set an "on" time to take the chill off your place say an hour before you get up.......... :o

Actually the smaller model has that also. The only difference is the number of heating fins, quite a few more in the larger unit so more radiant heat area. Been thinking of getting a third one now for my office, perhaps the larger one. Thanks for the tip on the timer, was just thinking about that last night when deciding whether I should set the alarm early to turn in on. :D

Somebody mentioned that the thermostat measures oil temperature. I guess mine is somehow defective. Not really worth taking it back and attempting to explain it to Global House though.

I remember your post on this and now that I have mine running it appears to be oil temperature monitor. The blower and it's associated heater seems to be on all the time and the oil for the radiant heat is turned on and off through the temperature control. Those oil filled fins get really hot though and perhaps a small fan behind them might spread the heat out more evenly. Set it up next to my bed and am very comfortable. The other is in my computer room to keep my feet warm. :o

I'm happwith mine, but notice the same as above mentioned......thermostat cycling off too soon. I have it 3 inches from the wall and maybe it's reflecting back???

and, I was wondering about the bhatt cost per hour for running, so i looked at our latest electric bill and calculated by deviding the kw [used] by the total of the bil [including fuel taxes and vat] and came up with 3.66 bhatt/kwh.....so, if i use my 1500 watt heater for an hour, the cost would be 3.66 x 1.5 = 5.49bhatt/hr ??????

did i do the math right???

and, I was wondering about the bhatt cost per hour for running, so i looked at our latest electric bill and calculated by deviding the kw [used] by the total of the bil [including fuel taxes and vat] and came up with 3.66 bhatt/kwh.....so, if i use my 1500 watt heater for an hour, the cost would be 3.66 x 1.5 = 5.49bhatt/hr ??????

did i do the math right???

Need to take in to account the duty cycle, it's not running full 1500 Watt all the time, only when it cycles on.

True, but as we use it only for an hour or so at a time, it would be at full blast. but, did i do my math correctly???? does a kw/hr actually cost 3.66bhatt??

theoretically, if you use the [1500 watt] heater for 3 hrs a day, it would cost approx 16+ bhatt/day????

True, but as we use it only for an hour or so at a time, it would be at full blast. but, did i do my math correctly???? does a kw/hr actually cost 3.66bhatt??

theoretically, if you use the [1500 watt] heater for 3 hrs a day, it would cost approx 16+ bhatt/day????

Looks right, will be nearly the same as an air conditioner running.

I'm happwith mine, but notice the same as above mentioned......thermostat cycling off too soon. I have it 3 inches from the wall and maybe it's reflecting back???

Instructions with my model say to position the heater at least 90cm from any wall, furniture etc. The thermostat control is bound to be a bit hit and miss in terms of actual room temperature - given that it's on the heater itself and not mounted halfway up a wall as might be the case with central heating thermostats - and I'd say you're probably right about the heat reflection. Anyhow, not much to be gained by heating up the wall rather than allowing the warmed air to rise and circulate.

For a more efficient room warm-up through better heat dispersal (and therefore to keep the heater "on" longer), I agree as per Tywais that a fan moving the heat out rather than just having it waft up is a "hot" idea......... :o