Is Los Headed For A Military Dictatorship?

Pepe'

Or is it under one already? :o

It's a fair question.

Even with a so called democratically elected leader (December elections), we'll never be certain....but I suspect that unless Thailand elects a very smart, resourceful (and crafty) prime minister the military will always hold the reigns.

Ok back on subject.

Is it under a military dictatorship? No.

Is it heading that way? No.

Does that answer your question?

:o

--------------------------

Why yes it does.

I'm glad we got that cleared up so definitively... :D

at the moment yes,by xmas eve who knows ,hopefully not ....

Ok back on subject.

Believe this and you'll believe anything......

For goodness sakes, Bendit, any so called democratically elected government in this country requires the army's fiat if it is to be sustained and the moment it deviates from the path pleasing to the generals it's gone. Thaksin in his hubris actually thought he was immune from the ultimate sanction but then greed can blind anyone I suppose. Some naif may confuse periodic elections with democracy but most cognoscenti realise the appointed government is nothing but dictatorship in drag.

And I thought you were relatively astute. Just goes to show, everyone has their blind spot it seems.

Ok back on subject.

Woud you be so kind as to explain just what system of government is currently in place if it is not a military dictatorship? Or do you believe the Surayuth government, which was appointed by the military- is an independent body- and if so, by what authority does it exist?

This gave me a chuckle this morning; from the BP:

Bridge into troubled waters

The Chart Thai party election campaign took a bath after candidates led by Janista Liewchalermwong as well as party leader Banharn Silpa-archa and supporters fell into a canal near Don Muang Plaza in Don Muang district yesterday. The old footbridge they were walking on collapsed, and two party supporters suffered minor injuries.

Barney Rubble finally fell into his appointed tarpit. :o

post-32068-1196476778_thumb.jpg

Headed? I don't think so. With all the meddling, it's apparent it's been here for awhile already with full immunity. From the Nation:

CNS tells EC to halt investigation against its confidential document.

The Council for National Security Friday sent an urgent letter to the Election Commission, telling it to halt an investigation against body on ground that its actions have legal immunity granted by the interim charter.

source: http://nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/r...newsid=30057909

Yes. I agree, and I think that idea is gaining currency.

IMHO (really not humble), Thailand is ruled by a corporate-political-military triangle of power (same as all other countries). There really is no true democracy (same as all other countries). Periodically one finger of the triangle gains the upper hand......now the middle finger has the upper hand :D :D :o:D

This gave me a chuckle this morning; from the BP:
Bridge into troubled waters

The Chart Thai party election campaign took a bath after candidates led by Janista Liewchalermwong as well as party leader Banharn Silpa-archa and supporters fell into a canal near Don Muang Plaza in Don Muang district yesterday. The old footbridge they were walking on collapsed, and two party supporters suffered minor injuries.

Barney Rubble finally fell into his appointed tarpit. :o

That will teach them to cut spending on infra-structure ! :D