High Season Causing A Shortage Of Pepperoni?

mild7even

Without naming any names, I've been going into my favorite pizza place over the last month or so and being disappointed. More often than not, they don't have any slices of pepperoni. They seem to have vegetarian, cheese and Hawaiian, but no peps. When I ask if they have any, the answer is simply "no", with shrug of the shoulders, end of issue. I guess if it were me, I'd probably say something like, "No, but it will be (5/10/20) minutes and we'll have some more."

Isn't that a little bit like going to a bar and they say they have no beer, or a massage place and they say they have no massages, etc? UN Irish Pub seemed to have that problem for a little while (no English white whenever I showed up) but they apparently have gotten it squared away--they've had bread every time I've visited in the last month or so. They have my business back.

I'm not going at odd hours or anything, like just before closing or right at opening.

To make things worse, the last two times I've gone in and they actually had pepperoni, I've ordered two slices and a slice of vegetarian. Each time, the person taking my order must have a mental filter on to delete "vegetarian" because I get my bag of pizza and the bill, and no vegetarian. The first time, I accepted that maybe I wasn't clear enough and let it go. I was short of time so didn't bother to order another slice. The second time, I was watching the lady as I ordered, and made a point to enunciate clearly. I could see the curtains go up behind her eyes as I said vegetarian. I didn't bother to raise my voice and make sure she got it, because I decided right then and there to never return again.

It doesn't matter how good the pizza is if they don't have any, or can't hire someone competent enough to listen to an order and get it right. This place is off my list. I'm all about "just-in-time" stocking, so long as it's not "just-NOT-in-time".

Don't worry, I won't start another "best pizza" thread, I've already gotten it narrowed down to a couple other places that may be less convenient, but actually have pizza when I order it.

Don't worry, I won't start another "best pizza" thread, I've already gotten it narrowed down to a couple other places that may be less convenient, but actually have pizza when I order it.

And they are?

And your favorite is? :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

And they are?

And your favorite is? :o

No way, dude, not taking that bait! :D