Advise Needed - Expat Bringing Maid To Thailand

Hi. I am a Filipino and I recently got an assignment to work in Eastern Seaboard and the package includes bringing my family along with me. However, we will definitely need the help of a house maid to look after the children and help my wife in household works. I plan to bring my house maid along with me but the company only supports visa application only for my family.

What will be my best option on how to have my maid legelly enter Thailand? What kind of visa should we apply for her?

Thank you in advance. I really appreciate your help.

-Alain

You will have to secure the services of a Thai maid.

I cannot see anyway that you will get visa for a foreign maid.

Hi Astral,

How much does a Thai maid usually cost? It's not that I don't trust Thai maids but I think I will find it difficult to communicate with them because of language differences specially that my children are just beginning to learn english as we dont usually speak english in my house in Manila.

Thanks!

Contact our sponsor, Sunbelt.

He has organised for maids from the Phillipines to work legally in Thailand - with work permits. You can do a search for Sunbelts post on how this can be done.

All the best.

Thanks Samran! I will try as suggested.

Hi. I am a Filipino and I recently got an assignment to work in Eastern Seaboard and the package includes bringing my family along with me. However, we will definitely need the help of a house maid to look after the children and help my wife in household works. I plan to bring my house maid along with me but the company only supports visa application only for my family.

What will be my best option on how to have my maid legelly enter Thailand? What kind of visa should we apply for her?

Thank you in advance. I really appreciate your help.

-Alain

You can try to bring someone from your own family as a maid, for ex. a cousin. :o

He has organised for maids from the Phillipines to work legally in Thailand - with work permits. You can do a search for Sunbelts post on how this can be done.

All the best.

You may also find that you need to pay her an expat minimum salary (set by Gov.) and income tax.

Could get expensive.

Naka.

All the best.

You may also find that you need to pay her an expat minimum salary (set by Gov.) and income tax.

Could get expensive.

Naka.

not exactly.

sunbelts point was that a WP can be organised for the life of the underlying B visa (ie 90 days). To extend the visa (and hence the work permit) you'll need to officially earn the official minimum expat salary (30K per month for most Asians?). BUT, and this is the thing, the person can always do a border run, re-enter on another 90 days, get a new WP, and continue working.

The point is that the extension of the visa requires the minimum salary, not getting the work permit.

All the best.

Could get expensive.

Naka.

not exactly.

sunbelts point was that a WP can be organised for the life of the underlying B visa (ie 90 days). To extend the visa (and hence the work permit) you'll need to officially earn the official minimum expat salary (30K per month for most Asians?). BUT, and this is the thing, the person can always do a border run, re-enter on another 90 days, get a new WP, and continue working.

The point is that the extension of the visa requires the minimum salary, not getting the work permit.

This was not the point. In our post over a year ago we explained this was not a extension of stay permit based on business ( its not possible with a natural employer) so a 8,000 Baht salary for the maid was fine and they would get a work permit. Thy did at that time and those are able to continue with the renewal of the Wp.

For new applicants ( maids), they are no longer offering work permits at this time in many regions of Thailand.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com