9 Ball Pool In Chiangmai

monto

Hi Friends,

This is a topic which has been discussed on this forum before. I have been living in chiangmai for almost a year now and the only problem i have ever faced here is that there is no standard tournament size 9ball table in chiangmai. May be one or two are installed in someone's house but no clubs.The only places i get to play nine ball is bangkok. This is really sad.

I myself am really looking for a place to practice.

So I am thinking to open a small joint myself with one or possibly two tables.Cannot invest much.

I would like to share views with people wanting to play 9ball in chiangmai.

Please reply and tell me how many people will be interested to play?

What do you think will be a decent location?

Should it be priced per game or per hour?

If i open there will be surely sunday afternoon league :D

Any other suggest :o ions anyone would like to give i will really appreciate.

regards,

bhupinder singh monga(monto)

Hi Friends,

This is a topic which has been discussed on this forum before. I have been living in chiangmai for almost a year now and the only problem i have ever faced here is that there is no standard tournament size 9ball table in chiangmai. May be one or two are installed in someone's house but no clubs.The only places i get to play nine ball is bangkok. This is really sad.

I myself am really looking for a place to practice.

So I am thinking to open a small joint myself with one or possibly two tables.Cannot invest much.

I would like to share views with people wanting to play 9ball in chiangmai.

Please reply and tell me how many people will be interested to play?

What do you think will be a decent location?

Should it be priced per game or per hour?

If i open there will be surely sunday afternoon league :D

Any other suggest :o ions anyone would like to give i will really appreciate.

regards,

bhupinder singh monga(monto)

nice post :D

What size pool table are you talking about? The 9 foot tables would require a small or large investment depending on your mind set. The last I heard a license is required for a pool hall, depends on number of tables in one room etc. In the past, some places put walls up between tables to get around this (law, police rule)??? Most pool rooms I have been aware of, offered at least beer, as this seems to be a good selling item to the people who frequent these places. I am not aware of any 9 foot tables, for public use, in Chiang Mai. Many bars do not charge for customer use of their tables, so you may want to consider that in your location, charges etc. I have noticed that the tables become more popular during and after telelvised pool tournies.

Hi,

Of course I am talking about a tourament size 9 ft table.

i dont know anything about a license yet but will surely check. It will surely have beer and lots of it.

Mostly chiangmai bars are bars which also have a pool table but if i do it will be pool hall which also might have drinks.

The emphasis wil be on environment to play.

Thanks for your reply,

Monto

Go and visit the Pool/Snooker dealership opposite the side entrance to Rachaphat University, (turn off Chotana Road at the lights by Thanin Marlet.) They will be able to offer knowledgeable advice and should know of any 9ft tables in Chiang Mai, where you could play or practice. Most snooker clubs that I have played in charge per hour for use of the table.

Hi Tiger,

There are many nice places to play snooker.

1) Caesars Snooker Changklan (12 tables + vip tables

2)Empire snooker near pratu chiangmai 10 or 12 tables

3)Shooters near railwaystation in soi next to nissan dealership 10 snooker tables and 1 8ft american pool table.

There are a few others as well but not so nice.

try shooters and caesars.

monto