Titles And Inheritance Thereof

Can sor por kor land be transferred from the title holder to children living in a different province? ie, the land is in Phang Nga and the title holder wants to transfer it to four children living in Pathalung. None of these children are on the Tabien Baan. There are three other children who are on this house registration, together with their absent father, without said absent father's consent. My gardener's been a bit gloomy lately, but I believe the ex is just yanking his chain.

Can sor por kor land be transferred from the title holder to children living in a different province? ie, the land is in Phang Nga and the title holder wants to transfer it to four children living in Pathalung. None of these children are on the Tabien Baan. There are three other children who are on this house registration, together with their absent father, without said absent father's consent. My gardener's been a bit gloomy lately, but I believe the ex is just yanking his chain.

jitagon,

From what I read Sor Por Kor land can be passed down to the title holders heirs. I would not think this had any thing to do with where they live or who is in the house books. In my wifes family the grandmother passed land down to all the brothers and sisters who live all over thailand and one even lives in Japan. They are now doing paperwork to pass to her and we live in a different province. As far as I know land titles and house books are different and are not related in any way. I rent a house and was told I could be put on the owners house book. I am not sure if that is true or not but could guarantee it would in no way add me to her property title, chanote in this case.

Keg

My wife now has a number of properties. She changed her last name when we were legally married. She promptly changed the name on her ID card and the name on her chanotes. She was worried what would happen if she died. She has no children and she wanted to put my name on her chanotes so I would always have a place to live. She was upset that the land office told her that it wasn't possible. I told her I had no desire to live here without her anyways and that it didn't matter to me. I DIDN'T spend more than I can afford to walk away from.

My prior post concerned Thai citizens only as farangs can't own land for the most part. You get into a whole different set of issues when a farang is involved. My wife, (thai) and I are expecting a baby and as far as I can tell he will be able to own land in the future as he will have a thai birth certificate. Our land is in the wifes name and she should be able to pass it to our son but not me.

Keg