Violence In Pattaya From Farangs?

actiondell4

Being a regular tourist to Pattaya,I feel far safe walking the streets at night than say my hometown City of Sydney.

Whilst i mostly walk thru Walking Street or Boyztown,,and i see drunken farangs etc,i never see the loutish behaviour the same as I see in Sydney in the early hours such as groups of drunk guys tipping over bins,punching shop windows when walking past,urinating in the street,trying to pick fights etc.

Maybe i just dont go to the areas where young farang louts are,but i have never really saw the same type of behaviour that we have in the Western world,eg,throwing bins into shop windows,etc etc.

One of my youngish workmates,he s 19yo and very immature will be going to Thailand next year,to Phuket and its his first time and he told me he s going with his brother and their mates where they will get drunk and party and fight,and smoke weed etc,because he heard the Police dont care what you do.

My question is ,around those straight areas in the Sois do you see the behaviour from drunk farangs that we see in the Western countries and do you get scared to walk around these areas at certain times of the year .

And i tried to tell my young workmate the Police do care,my question is,do the Police come down hard on farangs when responding to a bar brawl,and how do they approach it,eg,to they have their batons out and would they use them against a young farang or do the Police not turn up?

I often wonder how the skinny Thai Police take on drunk aggressive young farangs?

The Australian Police even have a hard time doing it and are mostly scared themselves and the young thugs are not scared of police in the U.K or Australia,whilst we know in America you dont mess with the cops there i heard,so how is it in Pattaya?

Why is it the same young drunken louts we see in the UK and Australia dont behave the same way in Pattaya?

Edited by actiondell4

I have found that the police in thailand have a lot more "freedom" in how they deal with loutish & troublesome people, where in the UK, Australia or America there may be some kind of uproar & possible prosecution should a police officer or 12 become a bit overzealous in detaining a suspect, in thailand, the police will use whatever force they deem suitable & there will be IME, no repercussions for them if they cause a bit too much damage.

maybe explain that to your friend should he chose to cause trouble deliberatley. Oh & how those skinny thai officers deal with loutish farangs is as above, they have & will use any weapon at their disposal & will have no hesitation in using a lot of force too. Doesn't matter how big or hard you may be when 5 cops are pounding you with batons in the head but if these guys are planning on looking for a lot of aggro then maybe better the police find them first & not the taxi guys or a bunch of drunk thai blokes, they tend not to stop till the person is either dead or in a lot of damage, again this is IME. :o

I have found that the police in thailand have a lot more "freedom" in how they deal with loutish & troublesome people, where in the UK, Australia or America there may be some kind of uproar & possible prosecution should a police officer or 12 become a bit overzealous in detaining a suspect, in thailand, the police will use whatever force they deem suitable & there will be IME, no repercussions for them if they cause a bit too much damage.

maybe explain that to your friend should he chose to cause trouble deliberatley. Oh & how those skinny thai officers deal with loutish farangs is as above, they have & will use any weapon at their disposal & will have no hesitation in using a lot of force too. Doesn't matter how big or hard you may be when 5 cops are pounding you with batons in the head but if these guys are planning on looking for a lot of aggro then maybe better the police find them first & not the taxi guys or a bunch of drunk thai blokes, they tend not to stop till the person is either dead or in a lot of damage, again this is IME. :o

[/quote

That is so true.

As above.

You can be Mike Tyson but if you get involved in a dust up with Thais you ARE going to lose. They will come at you in a pack with any weapon available and they will have no hesitation in using those weapons.

Edited by stevemiddie

Yes, the brave guys they are.

They obviously do not have the Western thoughts and ideas about..........fairness, one on one etc. ( Same as the UK now really :o )

SE Asia.............its about winning........actually probably more than winning. Leaving you dead or permanently crippled seems to be the norm here. :D

Regardless...............if the OP,s friends are intent on fighting they are going to get a severe shock.

Better for all concerned they stay home.

Edited by stevemiddie

Basing your concerns on the teenage bravado (read: bullsh-it), of a kid who's never been there is an over-reaction.

These kids will be quickly seduced by a place where the women chase THEM, and where making prixs of themselves will be the last thing on their mind.

If not, they'll learn a vital life lesson. :o

the point is, if this lad thinks that he will get away with a slap on the wrists or fling some cash at the cops to get away with being a lout then he will probably be in for a very rude (& quite painful) awakening. This isn't oz where you can shout foul or theaten to sue if the cops get rough, the same rules don't apply.

For a small punch up, with no third party damage/involement , between two people. They would be fined 500 baht each.

If it is further complicated, really drunk, or on drugs. A blood test would be carried out. If there is evidence to prove drugs...well very serious as a previous poster has indicated.

Any damage to property..say a bar,eating place, the peroson whose place has been damaged has the right to claim recompence. This can be in the form of cash..if the person who caused the damage has no money to pay...then its to the "monkey house" for a perios of time usually negotiated by the police and the person whos property was damaged.

I agree with previous comments regards the ability of Thai police to deal with this type of behaviour.

Being a regular tourist to Pattaya,I feel far safe walking the streets at night than say my hometown City of Sydney.

Whilst i mostly walk thru Walking Street or Boyztown,,and i see drunken farangs etc,i never see the loutish behaviour the same as I see in Sydney in the early hours such as groups of drunk guys tipping over bins,punching shop windows when walking past,urinating in the street,trying to pick fights etc.

Maybe i just dont go to the areas where young farang louts are,but i have never really saw the same type of behaviour that we have in the Western world,eg,throwing bins into shop windows,etc etc.

One of my youngish workmates,he s 19yo and very immature will be going to Thailand next year,to Phuket and its his first time and he told me he s going with his brother and their mates where they will get drunk and party and fight,and smoke weed etc,because he heard the Police dont care what you do.

My question is ,around those straight areas in the Sois do you see the behaviour from drunk farangs that we see in the Western countries and do you get scared to walk around these areas at certain times of the year .

And i tried to tell my young workmate the Police do care,my question is,do the Police come down hard on farangs when responding to a bar brawl,and how do they approach it,eg,to they have their batons out and would they use them against a young farang or do the Police not turn up?

I often wonder how the skinny Thai Police take on drunk aggressive young farangs?

The Australian Police even have a hard time doing it and are mostly scared themselves and the young thugs are not scared of police in the U.K or Australia,whilst we know in America you dont mess with the cops there i heard,so how is it in Pattaya?

Why is it the same young drunken louts we see in the UK and Australia dont behave the same way in Pattaya?

"i never see the loutish behaviour the same as I see in Sydney in the early hours such as groups of drunk guys tipping over bins,punching shop windows when walking past,urinating in the street,trying to pick fights etc." ,.This is true you dont see a lot of this in thailand as some poor girl will be with these lowlifes and the attention will be on them until they return to ther homelands and once again go out on friday night and realise they cant get a girl and start "tipping over bins,punching shop windows when walking past,urinating in the street,trying to pick fights etc. Edited by mikethevigoman

he s going with his brother and their mates where they will get drunk and party and fight,and smoke weed etc,because he heard the Police dont care what you do.

The drunker you become, the more susceptible you are to being a victim of robbery.

The more you fight, the more you bleed. The more you bleed, the more you become a victim of infection from the contaminated water supply.

The more weed you smoke, the greater your chances of becoming a guest at the Bangkok Hilton.

The more that you take the local police for granted, the quicker your money supply will diminish.

The more that you step on Thai toes, the greater your chances of going home in a pine box.

Coming to Thailand to get as drunk as possible, smoke dope and fight...

And people wonder why the Thais are tightening up visas etc.

Such clowns as these will get their <deleted> handed them and discover they aren't so tough after all.

>and i see drunken farangs etc,i never see the loutish behaviour the same as I see in Sydney in the early hours such as groups of drunk guys tipping over bins,punching shop windows when walking past,urinating in the street,trying to pick fights etc.

because of littlebit count of too young farangs. mostly are mature peoples and they dont do such stupid things.

he s going with his brother and their mates where they will get drunk and party and fight,and smoke weed etc,because he heard the Police dont care what you do.

The drunker you become, the more susceptible you are to being a victim of robbery.

The more you fight, the more you bleed. The more you bleed, the more you become a victim of infection from the contaminated water supply.

The more weed you smoke, the greater your chances of becoming a guest at the Bangkok Hilton.

The more that you take the local police for granted, the quicker your money supply will diminish.

The more that you step on Thai toes, the greater your chances of going home in a pine box.

I hope they read the small print on there medical insurance. Little tit's will need it best you save there lives and tell them not to bother going to Thailand. :o

Oh & how those skinny thai officers deal with loutish farangs is as above, they have & will use any weapon at their disposal & will have no hesitation in using a lot of force too. Doesn't matter how big or hard you may be when 5 cops are pounding you with batons in the head but if these guys are planning on looking for a lot of aggro then maybe better the police find them first & not the taxi guys or a bunch of drunk thai blokes, they tend not to stop till the person is either dead or in a lot of damage, again this is IME. :o

Well said Boo.

Very true about taxi drivers and other seriouly provoked and / or drunk thai guys. They don't fight fair, more often than not in a group of four, eight, ten or more to one. And they don't fight to win, they fight to kill.

The Australian police have had their B***s cut off by wimp politicians and civil libertarians and society is reaping the whirlwind.

The Australian police have had their B***s cut off by wimp politicians and civil libertarians and society is reaping the whirlwind.

You hit the nail precisely on the head. In this day and age, no one is responsible for their own actions. Their mother didn't love them or they were somehow abused as a child. Parents are no longer able to discipline their children and teachers being beat up should be telling us something.