Bangkok Bank

Try listening to the pre-recorded 'English' message when you call Bangkok Bank credit card service. I've heard better English pronunciation at soi Cowboy. Bangkok Bank is the biggest bank in Thailand so it's hard to believe that they cannot employ an expat to give them a bit of credibilty when foreigners use their credit card service.

The 3rd option states "For loss of ----- (unintelligible) card please pless...."

Try listening to the pre-recorded 'English' message when you call Bangkok Bank credit card service. I've heard better English pronunciation at soi Cowboy. Bangkok Bank is the biggest bank in Thailand so it's hard to believe that they cannot employ an expat to give them a bit of credibilty when foreigners use their credit card service.

The 3rd option states "For loss of ----- (unintelligible) card please pless...."

I bought a car last year. Off course they did not take the card but i figured i go to nearest Bangkok bank with my Bangko bank card and get somekind of check. F*** me. I come to bangkok bank and they dont give me money on my card. Just only if i brought the book!! I had to take them 20k by 20 k in an atm outside the bank! It was exciting as hel_l all the way up to 200k witch was the limit of the card. "-So, how do i do now?" "-Sir, you have to call this nr and change the limit!". Im in a Bangkok bank, with a bangkok bank account in front of a cachier, and I have to call a mobile reccorded voice witch speek an "Englich" that nobody can possible understand, pless 1, pless2, and so on, only with options that are not what i want. Besides i run out of credit on the mobile before i get anything done! You think i lost my tempure? Yes! And after telling them how f***ing stupid they are and making a scene where security started to get nervous, i got them to do the call for me on their phone. I could then continue the embarrasing Atm (275k in cach while everybody around is looking) and finally go back to the cardealer! For a european this feel like 100 years back in time. And this is a world Bank actually!

On the other hand they are pretty quick when you put money in! The even got a machine where you can put the cach into your account!

Thing is, for my Thai-wife and her family this was completely normal and they could not at all understand why i got upset. Looked at me as i was somekind of freak!

So, long story but i guess my point is that i agree with op. Bangkok bank NEEDS to get some foreigners working for them. Alot of big investors in this country use Bangkok bank and are foreigners and this is not acceptable. Maybe for the Thais that dont know better, but i myself get in a bad mood everytime we are in a bankoffice. I think we go to sign a paper, and we end up sitting there half of the day!

I would imagine that this is not a high priority for them. I might sound slightly cynical, but we should be thankful that they have english recorded messages and english speaking staff at all. Banking practices in asia are often very different from what is "normal" in the west. By comparision, in Japan the ATM network of many banks shuts down completely after 6PM, internet banking shuts down at 9PM, there are no english menus on the voice systems and it's often very hard to find a english speaking staff in the branches. And this is the 2nd largest economy in the world (although maybe for not much longer, haha)