Flipflops

Ping

I go through a pair of thongs (flipflops) every month or so. I buy the el cheapo (B200) Diesel ones because they are comfortable. The problem is that they can break at the most inconvenient of times. Does anyone have recommendations for durable ones that are comfortable and available either in Th or AU?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Crocs. Expensive, but worth it. I sprang for a pair of real Crocs back in the US and love them. The comfort level is way higher than the fake Thai ones (no pinching, no rubbing) and they last alot longer and are alot tougher.

Crocs makes more than just the clog style these days. So, if you want a pair of comfortable shoes that last, its worth the money. And probably ends up being cheaper than 200 baht every 6 months.

I go through a pair of thongs (flipflops) every month or so. I buy the el cheapo (B200) Diesel ones because they are comfortable. The problem is that they can break at the most inconvenient of times. Does anyone have recommendations for durable ones that are comfortable and available either in Th or AU?

I think you need a proper pair of boots, lad. Not silly bloody coolie sandals.

Get a proper pair of boots and put a proper bloody shine on them; so you can see your face in them.

Then get yer bloody hair cut, get out of bed, and get a proper bleedin job.

post-32068-1196666772_thumb.jpg

Edited by kmart

Crocs. Expensive, but worth it. I sprang for a pair of real Crocs back in the US and love them. The comfort level is way higher than the fake Thai ones (no pinching, no rubbing) and they last alot longer and are alot tougher.

Crocs makes more than just the clog style these days. So, if you want a pair of comfortable shoes that last, its worth the money. And probably ends up being cheaper than 200 baht every 6 months.

skin should stay on the crocodile ,not made into shoes :o

skin should stay on the crocodile ,not made into shoes :o

:D :D You must not know your shoes :D

15.jpg

I like the ADDA brand. I think they are local. I easily walk a few kilos a days, and one pair will usually last about 9 month. I’ve never had a pair break, but they do wear out eventually. I have noticed the material quality has slip a little in the last year, but the only real difference is they take a little longer to break in. Mine were only 159 bht at lotus, but I do agree, don’t by foot wear based on price. I just happed to fine one style that fit my feet really well.

Havaianas,made in brazil since the sixtys,the coolest most comfortable on the planet....also reef,made too in brazil...they sell em in the sports shop opposite tropical murphys in chaweng...1500 bht ish..but will last years...happy flopping!p.s crocs are sad and hideous....

Croc's are hideous but darn comfy, I don't wear mine out of the house :o But they do have alot of new unhideous styles out now :D

Nah,even the new croc flip flop style{not the daft ones with the holes drilled}are grim,they remind me of the crap looking OAKLEY things of a year or 2 ago.....its for the best that you wear them at home only.....no offense

None taken meatgrowler, thats why I wear them at home :D

But I said the new styles are less hideous. If I want fashion then I'll go for something a bit higher end than that. But then, I am a woman and realize that fashion and comfort rarely go together :o

I use Scotts sandals, get from America online & pick them up in Chicago when I go home . they bare expensive like Crocs . $25.00 U.S. guaranteed till the bottom is bona fide warn down & you can use them mountain climbing(way better then Teva's) & never have to worry about the flops going flip flop & cutting your feet to shreds. I bought a couple pair for my girl & they lasted 2 & 1/2 years. I beat mine to death shoveling in the garden working cement laying pipe etc. so mine last only 1 & 1/2 years.

Nothing hurts more than torn up feet. Scott sandals are the preferred sandal in Hawaii. I had a pair for 200 baht I used for 3 days & they left me hating life. Never will I forget my sandals when I pack for a vacation!!! ) :o

Edited by Beardog

Ah, some great info - thanks folks. :D (Don't need the boots nor the job Kmart - happily retired - but thanks for the 'lad' compliment, you've made my day) :o

(edit: typo)

Edited by Ping

I buy whatever feels good on my feet. I have had some expensive ones, but ended up not wearing them because they just NEVER got comfortable. The one expensive pair was leather and felt pretty good but when they got wet the inside was VERY slippery. My favorite ones right now are all plastic and very light weight. I think they cost 199 baht. I can't stand the type that has a piece to go between your toes.

i bought a pair of aerosoft flip flops in the market (the ones that have a footprint in them) and they lasted me for a year and a half before someone stole them at a party. definitely recommend those.

i am stocking up on havaianas since i am in argentina. they are $10us here.

i don't like crocs either, refuse to wear them.

Edited by girlx

ADDA Lite con2_1.gif 99 baht :o

Having spent most of my life in Hawaii [the land of flipflops] i have become somewhat of an expert on many brands and agree that Scotts used to be my favorite, but found a local brand that outlast scotts. not available in superstores or shoe shops, but in local thai markets and the brand name is 'satelite'....look like scotts and wear longer for only 59bhatt. i bring them back as gifts when i return to the islands and others agree that they are the best.

Having spent most of my life in Hawaii [the land of flipflops] i have become somewhat of an expert on many brands and agree that Scotts used to be my favorite, but found a local brand that outlast scotts. not available in superstores or shoe shops, but in local thai markets and the brand name is 'satelite'....look like scotts and wear longer for only 59bhatt. i bring them back as gifts when i return to the islands and others agree that they are the best.

Thanks for the tip.Have you ever had a pair blow out & cut your feet up? Scotts are made in China for Scott sandal co. Maybe the same Company is making satellites or is it different altogether?