Rate Of Exchange..

I am off back to sunny old England :D and would like to know whether I'd be better off exchanging my Bahts here in Thailand or wait till I get to England or doesn't it make the slightest difference?

Another question, I have an Thai bank a/c which has issued me with a 'visa electron' card...can I use this in the U.K and does anyone know what the 'penalties' for doing so are?

Thx! :D

Jingingna..ja!! :o

Do not exhange Baht in England.

Either spend in Thailand, keep for next time you come, or change back to Pounds in that order.

You can use an electron card in the UK. Expect less than ideal exchange rates from your Thai account.

If you have spare Baht which you need to bring back to the UK then you are best off exchanging with a tourist before you return. Give him the same rate as the bank and you are both happy. :o

best exchange rate can be found in Thailand. They charge no commission and there is only a small spread between the "buy" and "sell" rates, so in reality the closedly reflect the market exchange rate.

If you change it in the UK there is a minimum 3 pound commission and they take 3% of what you exchange. Thailand is the place to change your money

Avoid exchanging at the airport, you lose about 50 satang or half a baht per dollar on exchange rate, using the US $ as a reference. That is buying rates, lose much more converting baht to other currency at airport. Can get much better rates downtown. Best idea try and exchange with a tourist coming in.

I am off back to sunny old England :D  and would like to know whether I'd be better off exchanging my Bahts here in Thailand or wait till I get to England or doesn't it make the slightest difference?

Another question, I have an Thai bank a/c which has issued me with a 'visa electron' card...can I use this in the U.K and does anyone know what the 'penalties' for doing so are?

Thx!  :D

Jingingna..ja!!  :o

If you do decide to get it changed in the UK, do NOT use the post office, there a bunch of robbin jippos :D They'll swear blind to you that they cannot be beaten....