Hatton V Mayweather

mark13609

For those who have the S. African Satellite feed, (many bars do), it is live on Super Sport 5 on Sunday 9th December, with the broadcast starting around 7.00 a.m.(Thai time). The transmission goes on for several hours, so I'm not sure what time the actual fight commences.

I might even get up early to watch it :o

Does anybody know if the Hatton v Mayweather fight is to be televised here or any bar etc that is showing it ( in bkk ) and any idea of the time of the fight ? :o

In Chiang Mai we are going to watch it on Super Sports 5, an African channel. If there are any bars in BKK that have this channel then you are laughing. The bar sayus it starts at 11, but it could be different depending on the other fights before it, so i'd get there earlier.

They used to televise on major fights on Thai TV and it would start just after at 11am. Even if the undercard fights finish quickly I still think they wait before starting the main event.

Having clearly won the personality contest, it will be interesting to see how Hatton copes with the boxing part.

Edited by Smithson

yes we need somewhere in Bangkok that is definately showing it.

Im so excited about this fight i might pee myself...

There'd be lots of places showing it, especially around lower Sukhumvit. They should have signs up advertising it. The English pubs will give all the Brits somewhere to drown the sorrows :o

0800 -1300 hours True channel 67 Sunday. Free for Gold and Platinum subscribers. Rerun at 1800-2300 hours.

I know its on channel 67, but is that free for platinum users?

Can anyone confirm this?

I am a Platinum holder and I was under the impression that it was PPV for everyone?????/

0800 -1300 hours True channel 67 Sunday. Free for Gold and Platinum subscribers. Rerun at 1800-2300 hours.

Can anyone confirm this?

I am a Platinum holder and I was under the impression that it was PPV for everyone?????/

Answering my own question, I have just spoken with True and they inform me that it is indeed FREE for Platinum subscribers.

They said fight starts at 9am (I dont know if that is the main fight or not)

Can anyone confirm this?

Answering my own question, I have just spoken with True and they inform me that it is indeed FREE for Platinum subscribers.

They said fight starts at 9am (I dont know if that is the main fight or not)

WHAT?????????????????????????????????? you spoke to true. I spent three hours yesterday trying to get info.

It is on True, but so far no English commentary - only Thai. (Shades of World Cup)

S.Sports 4 and 5 are covering it with English commentary.

True now seem to be carrying English commentary so maybe it was a technical blip.

Edited by Mobi

As predicted Mayweather outclassed Hatton.

Hatton took one round if he was lucky.

Yeah, I watched it yesterday too. Mayweather, one of the best boxers off all time probably, was classic boxing beauty in action. It was really not much of a contest even before the KO. Hatton tried to take away the reach advantage and turn it into a brawl, but Mayweather even played that game with him and beat him at that too. However, Hatton's got true grit and the guts of a champion.