Crysis- English Please!

OM3N

So I just spent 699 baht on a fresh new copy of Crysis, which i've been waiting to play for ages! Every other unpirated game Ive bought here has givin me a language option on install, but not this one! Anyone have any idea how to get it running with English? The guy at the game store asssured me it had English, and I don't see how it couldn't to be honest. Any help would be appreciated!

Normally the EA games are built with country specific language, and in this case no English pack is included. From one of the Crytek managers when asked about changing language packs:

" this is not possible due to legal reasons, I am sorry for that. additionally we do not support changing the language file, even though it is possible from technical perspective.

additionally we do not allow to discuss about the distribution of the additional language paks."

Ahhhhhh!!!! You gotta be Shi&*ing me!!! I have played a Thai copy of Sim City 4 for over a year, that is an EA game!!! What the hel_l. If you have any info on getting the language pack PLEASE PM me! This game is sooo cool and although my Thai is good enough to stumble through the menues, I am definitely not getting everything!

It's understandable why they make it so difficult .....

This is the normal procedure:

The thai versions have a .ini file which is set to Thai by default.

1 - Copy all the contents of the DVD to your harddrive ...

2 - Then edit that .ini file to the following settings:

- Thai 0

- English 1

then install from your hard disk. The dialogs are in English then.

Zest included a flyer in my copy of sims 2 ... (also a EA game).

If that doesn't work ... goto Zest in Pantip (first floor near the food court) and ask one of the staff .....

Edited by sniffdog

It's understandable why they make it so difficult .....

This is the normal procedure:

The thai versions have a .ini file which is set to Thai by default.

In the case of Crysis, it does not have it. The two files that are necessary are english.lng (41 Bytes) and english.pak (106 MBytes). Do a search of the installation directory and suspect you won't find them on the Thai edition.

• 9 months later...
Damole is that the expansion pack?

I absolutely love Crysis, but haven't heard much good about the expansion pack - I am curious as to how it plays/how you enjoy it?

It's a standalone release with a new engine that has improved on the heavy resource issue.

"Crysis Warhead is a standalone release and does not require ownership of Crysis to play." Source: Steam

A friend at the university has a legit copy and says the game play is very good and able to put the settings to high now.

I'm a racing and sports fan so I rarely play fps but as I just upgraded my Galaxy 8600 GT to a Sapphire HD 4850 with DuOrb cooler I decided I'd like to see what it could do. I have to say that I had to leave AA turned off and I'm only running at 1360x768 on my LG 37" LCD TV and getting 45-55fps with graphics settings on gamer one below enthusiast. The game looks and plays great like this and this might actually get me excited about a shoot-em up since things changed from 2d to 3d. I still fire up MAME from time to time for some old skool arcade action, you can't beat R-Type.

I don't think the langauge pack will help the original version. On Zest there is a post claiming to be able to get the original game up and running in English.