Marriage Rubber Stamped

LuckyLucas

I 'got married' in my girlfriends home town in July - no papers, just some old chap wittering on and a beer-up afterwards. I dig the girl, live here now (work via the web) and we've got a baby girl due at the end of January. What I'd like advice on is...

Do I need to get the marriage rubber-stamped for the sake of the baby's future? I want the baby to be able to have dual nationality and be able to come back with me to the UK.

A friend said I need to get the marriage officially recognised (UK embassy, etc) before the baby is born to save a lot of hassle later. Is this true?

I intend to get the official thing done some time later next year but it would be difficult time-wise for me to go to Bangkok repeatedly (I live in jomtien for now) to get it done this month.

Many thanks to anyone who can help

LL

I 'got married' in my girlfriends home town in July - no papers, just some old chap wittering on and a beer-up afterwards. I dig the girl, live here now (work via the web) and we've got a baby girl due at the end of January. What I'd like advice on is...

Do I need to get the marriage rubber-stamped for the sake of the baby's future? I want the baby to be able to have dual nationality and be able to come back with me to the UK.

A friend said I need to get the marriage officially recognised (UK embassy, etc) before the baby is born to save a lot of hassle later. Is this true?

I intend to get the official thing done some time later next year but it would be difficult time-wise for me to go to Bangkok repeatedly (I live in jomtien for now) to get it done this month.

Many thanks to anyone who can help

LL

As it stands at the moment You Are Not Married. You have just done a Bhuddist ceremony to please your girlfriend and her family..

You are not legally married.

Do it properly if you want it legal.

Hi.,

You are single.Not marry yet ! Just thai traditional marry party

What you hv to do is go to your home country embassy.And then apply to get certificate of single from the embassy.If you were maryy before.You needed to take an original copy of divorce to show the embassy too.

After you get those doc actully take time for few days.Then, you and ur g/f can go to register at Aumper ( จดทะเบียน ที่อำเภอ )

Congreat!