Anti Spyware

Robski

Hi i've had a look through the downloads and didn't really see what i was looking for..

I'm after some anti-spyware progs that are free downloads and full versions.. asking too much?

They are for a friend who is in dire need, (he's never run anti spy and is wondering why his system is slow!!) but doesn't have the cash for buying programs,

I have three anti-spy progs i run myself, but I can't transfer them as they don't have the install program in the files.

Thanks in advance. :o

A googd Anti-Virus program will detect spyware and Trojans as well. There a lot Freeware avilable like Avast (Avast.com) or ClamAV wich also works on Servers!

Other members like cndvic suggesting Nod32 or other software.

But Im happy with avsat and ClamAV.

Most anti-spyware programs are pretty intrusive and/or require your remembering to run them every few days. One that quietly runs in the background and updates itself without hassling the user is BOClean from Comodo (the makers of the well-known firewall).

I've abandoned Spybot S&D and Adaware. BOClean is definitely recommended.

See http://www.comodo.com/boclean/boclean.html

Most anti-spyware programs are pretty intrusive and/or require your remembering to run them every few days. One that quietly runs in the background and updates itself without hassling the user is BOClean from Comodo (the makers of the well-known firewall).

I've abandoned Spybot S&D and Adaware. BOClean is definitely recommended.

See http://www.comodo.com/boclean/boclean.html

I second that. boclean runs well in the background.