New Health Resort- Mae An?

5246jlg

Went driving past Prem International School out to Mae An (about 3km past the school) and ran into what looks like a health resort/housing project (thai workers said there was about 50 homes/condos on site) that was over 90% sold out. There looks to be activity next door to it (possibly another housing project?) I had been by there about 10ish months ago and nothing was there then. Anyone know anything about it?

Went driving past Prem International School out to Mae An (about 3km past the school) and ran into what looks like a health resort/housing project (thai workers said there was about 50 homes/condos on site) that was over 90% sold out. There looks to be activity next door to it (possibly another housing project?) I had been by there about 10ish months ago and nothing was there then. Anyone know anything about it?

Yes, it's "The SPA Chiang Mai Resort" . My girlfriend owns quite a lot of land in Ban Mae An and we were very surprised to see this project come along so quickly. It is totally unlike any other project I've seen in Thailand. The work began quickly and is progressing faster each month. A couple of other farang homes being built near there. It's a nice area.

http://www.spachiangmai.net/

http://spasamui.com/

Edited by lannarebirth

A couple of other farang homes being built near there. It's a nice area.

There goes that neighborhood. I use to have some drinking buddies over at Mae An and further up at the always notorious Naa Heuk. Does "farang" home mean those high walled haciendas belonging to some Don Farang?

Thanks Guys!

Went to the website (thanks lannarebirth!) Interesting concept, no wonder they sold out so fast as most buyers are probably previous investors in the other resorts (that supposedly have 90%+ occupancy). Hope there is not too much construction out there, very nice scenery after you go through the town archway!