Getting Thai Visa In Phnom Penh

I will be going to phnom penh next week to get a tourist visa for thailand. I do not have a plane ticket out of thailand since i am travelling by road through asia.

Will this problem? Also is it possible to get a multiple entry tourist visa here?

Rob

It is a problem getting any visa there as they are busy taking care of local population visa requirements and have made it quite clear they do not appreciate the extra work. I am very sure you will not receive more than a single entry tourist visa and that may take some time. If you get a visa the ticket will probably not be a problem - but they could ask for it to issue a visa and if you return to Thailand without a visa they will almost surly require a ticket of some type.

Just my experience within the past month - of course things change daily depending on the officer you deal with here or Thailand but:

I was denied tourist visa in PP. I took the bus south to sihanoukville ( nice cheap place to relax for a few days I found) - then went on to Koh Kong ( Hat Ville ) border where I was asked to show NO documentation to get my 30 day stamp. There are no signs about outward departure flights to leave thailand and wasn't asked for any. In fact, it took longer to DEPART Cambodia than to get stamped in Thailand for 30 days. This is within the past 2-3 weeks.

If you choose to do this , do yourself a favor - take the water ferry from Sihanoukville to Koh Kong instead of the bus. You have to take a small boat across the river to another bus ( and your bags ) 3-4 times if you do the land route until they finish the bridges.

I am very sure you will not receive more than a single entry tourist visa and that may take some time. If you get a visa the ticket will probably not be a problem - but they could ask for it to issue a visa and if you return to Thailand without a visa they will almost surly require a ticket of some type.

how long will it take to get the visa and what docs are needed? Also, you say that arrival without a visa is subject to being asked for onward travel info. Can anyone else confirm this?

I am very sure you will not receive more than a single entry tourist visa and that may take some time. If you get a visa the ticket will probably not be a problem - but they could ask for it to issue a visa and if you return to Thailand without a visa they will almost surly require a ticket of some type.

how long will it take to get the visa and what docs are needed? Also, you say that arrival without a visa is subject to being asked for onward travel info. Can anyone else confirm this?

30 day visa EXEMPT entries require an onward ticket of some description.

30 day visa EXEMPT entries require an onward ticket of some description.

Is this new? I entered (Suvarnabhumi ) a few months ago on voa and wasn't asked for anything?