Renting Mail Box

tom21

You can rent mail boxes at the postoffices, if the local office has none available they advise you to go to the main postoffice not far from the railway station.

Safe ? In three years time I received 3 or 4 letters/postcards from others and one (rather important) letter from my pension fund got lost.

Cost, very cheap, as far as I remember 300 B for key deposit and 160 B rent per year.

Joop

may move to Thailand for a long stay and I like information on mail. Is there anywhere in chiang mai where I can rent a mail box. And how safe is it. And the cost. thank you

In the 12 years that I have lived here, I have rented PO boxes at two different places. One at Chiangmai University and the other at Changklan PO near Lanna Palace hotel.

During that time I appear to have had two Christmas cards go missing and a letter put in the wrong box.

I built my house not far from Changklan PO, but I still keep the box on for various things like parcels, its convenient and saves me a special trip to the main post office if I’m not at home.

Overall, I would say renting a box here is pretty good value, but that’s my experience and others might disagree.