Buying A House

I have come to this junction in my relationship i think, since my last post I have been in regular contact with my Girlfriend, we got talking about the future, it seems that buying a house for the lady in the Village where she lives is quite normal for a westerner/Thai relationship. Apparently it is far less daunting for her to reach her older years with a house and some land. Quite understandable in my book.

Is it that common?

It's not the money as it would only cost about 10 - 15,000 Pounds, not exactly a large ammount of money, I could not buy a Garage for that money in Surrey.

But as I am relativley inexperienced in these matters, I will ask the guys that are in the know.

I am not being cheap by asking, it is just that I have never been in this situation before, so please don't flame me and call me mean or tight. I am just making enquires.

Thankyou for reading my post.

Neville.

Neville, you will get flamed and called a troll.

You have'nt give us much to go on, but.

I would'nt buy a house unless I had the intention of living in it.

As for wether its normal or not, I dont think it is, but If you are happy with it and can afford to lose the money, thats fine

Nothing wrong with the principle and the sum is generous enough.

After all, it is a million baht or there abouts, a small fortune to most Thais.

The house will be in her name and you will have no control if she decides to ditch you.

Heartache, i do not think you are a Troll.

Listen heartache, most of the guys that are in this forum if they live in Thailand have bought a house, and i would guess that most have bought land or a house in the wifes village. It seems strange that the people i know in real life have done this, but 99% of the guys in an anonymous forum all deny it, or they all met rich women..................yea right.

Heartache you seem to be a bloke that has a few quid, and you are old right?

So spend your money how you feel you wanna spend it, most of the guys in this forum would love to be in your situation, if it makes you happy buy what you want, why do you need approval from a bunch of strangers who may or may not even be in Thailand?

Do what you want. Buy me a house as well if you feel the need to spend money. :o

Listen heartache, most of the guys that are in this forum if they live in Thailand have bought a house, and i would guess that most have bought land or  a house  in the wifes village. It seems strange that the people i know in real life have done this, but 99% of the guys in an anonymous forum all deny it, or they all met  rich women..................yea right.

Exactly Begs, strange that i met loads of blokes in real life that have done the same thing, only on this Forum do you find the blokes that have all met rich girls and never ever went to a bar in their lives, they all met their gf's or wives at University. What a bunch of crap!!

These guys where walking past the gates of the university when a girl 30 years their junior was so overcome with desire for him, she offered to let him buy her a house. :D:D

These guys should know that nobody believes anything in here, including what i type. :o

as for the toilet, if aussies who are supposedly civilised can have a crap outside then im sure she can.

i remember in my first years here, i had some thai gal living with me and her parents come to stay in the bungalow for a few days. footprints on the toilet seat and the mother didnt like the toilet so she shate behind the banana tree everyday, yep sod thai culture, the poor ones are basically still animals...

1 million baht for a thai shack in some village? u got to be kidding, ###### just buy em 100 sheets of corragated sheeting and some 2 by 1 s wood.

10.000baht and they got a place they can call home.

Spent 2 mil myself and have to admit it looks better than a shack. Don't know how long it will last though.

Build a chicken shack as well which ended up somewhere in Burma a few years back during a storm.

Why do you have to live in the gf village hope you have lots of bedrooms planned.

I will let the more seasoned members answer the bit about the bedrooms.

Was asked recently to do the same and I politely said chiang Mia for me Darling first rent house and then buy house or build. GF is from northeast

Can’t buy me love babe, can’t buy me love.

Well isn’t it better to be sure than be sorry

Once bitten twice shy.

:o