I Think There Is A Scam On Thai Visa Classified

choppychugger

I recently replied to an advertisement on your classified section, with ref to puppy for sale. It struck me as weird, because the puppy in question is actually from America, but now in Nigeria???? ( and they are selling it to Thailand ).

The puppy is a pedigree, and is going for one tenth its usual asking price.

below is a reply I received today, basically asking for all my details, address etc...

I have heard of these scams before but never in this form,, if I am wrong ,, then i hold my hand up and apologize, it just seems a bit fishy to me.

Hello, Thanks for mail. I quite appreciated your concern on your

> proposing in purchasing my puppy.

>

> *But the question is that will my puppy be able to find a lovely home

> with you?

> *Do you have a yard where the puppy can always play around?

> If so i will be very glad and happy.

>

> Am from USA. But i am now presently in Nigeria for our church Ministry prayer crusade.I came along with the puppy with prime intension of taking care of the puppy in continuation, but unfortunately the church activities has denied me the time of taking care of the puppy

>

> So i have to find a home for the puppy.This is how i have madeup my mind to look out for good caring buyer that can provide a lovely home for the puppy. the puppy is 10 weeks and the puppy has a current vaccination,vet exams,health certificate and 1year guarantee.the puppy has potty trained,home raise and socialized for tremendious attitude with C.K.C

> and A.K.C Registered.The total is $300. No additional charges. I will be really happy to have you as a good caring for my puppy only if you can take care of the puppy as your baby.

> Actually money is not what matters, but to find a good caring and loving person. If you could be able to these kindly send your contact details such as

>

> Your full Name,..........................................

> Address,.....................................................

> Country,.....................................................

> City/State,Zipcode,.......................................

> Phone Number,............................................

> Nearest Airport to your home.......................

>

> With this i can make arrangement with the shipping agent for shipping preparation.

>

> Or you just contact the shipping company directly by yourself at [email protected] tell them that I directed you . As soon as you do, then you wait for 5 minutes to receive their response. Because they work 24 hours.

> Please for your own benefit, try and do whatever they ask you to do, so that they will be able to ship the puppy to you fast, they dont want delay, this means that, the more you reply fast the more the puppy will arrive earlier,

> They will tell you how you will make your payment.

>

I recently replied to an advertisement on your classified section, with ref to puppy for sale. It struck me as weird, because the puppy in question is actually from America, but now in Nigeria???? ( and they are selling it to Thailand ).

The puppy is a pedigree, and is going for one tenth its usual asking price.

below is a reply I received today, basically asking for all my details, address etc...

I have heard of these scams before but never in this form,, if I am wrong ,, then i hold my hand up and apologize, it just seems a bit fishy to me.

Hello, Thanks for mail. I quite appreciated your concern on your

> proposing in purchasing my puppy.

>

> *But the question is that will my puppy be able to find a lovely home

> with you?

> *Do you have a yard where the puppy can always play around?

> If so i will be very glad and happy.

>

> Am from USA. But i am now presently in Nigeria for our church Ministry prayer crusade.I came along with the puppy with prime intension of taking care of the puppy in continuation, but unfortunately the church activities has denied me the time of taking care of the puppy

>

> So i have to find a home for the puppy.This is how i have madeup my mind to look out for good caring buyer that can provide a lovely home for the puppy. the puppy is 10 weeks and the puppy has a current vaccination,vet exams,health certificate and 1year guarantee.the puppy has potty trained,home raise and socialized for tremendious attitude with C.K.C

> and A.K.C Registered.The total is $300. No additional charges. I will be really happy to have you as a good caring for my puppy only if you can take care of the puppy as your baby.

> Actually money is not what matters, but to find a good caring and loving person. If you could be able to these kindly send your contact details such as

>

> Your full Name,..........................................

> Address,.....................................................

> Country,.....................................................

> City/State,Zipcode,.......................................

> Phone Number,............................................

> Nearest Airport to your home.......................

>

> With this i can make arrangement with the shipping agent for shipping preparation.

>

> Or you just contact the shipping company directly by yourself at [email protected] tell them that I directed you . As soon as you do, then you wait for 5 minutes to receive their response. Because they work 24 hours.

> Please for your own benefit, try and do whatever they ask you to do, so that they will be able to ship the puppy to you fast, they dont want delay, this means that, the more you reply fast the more the puppy will arrive earlier,

> They will tell you how you will make your payment.

>

SCAM !

No thats genuine, I won the lottery and inherited 30 mil dollars of the same bloke

I,ve had 5 emails informing me that i have one in a U.K. lottery draw in which they wish to appear to be from the official Camelot lottery

Figures vary but are all in access of 1 mill. pounds.

I,ve emailed both Camelot and Yahoo to advise them.

As S.J. posts in a later observation.

The immediate warning for me was the spelling and the grammar and i have just deleted them without responding.

We must all be on the guard for these scammers and please do not give them any details of your personal circumstances.

E.G. name, address, email address even though they have managed to contact you via this method date of birth ect. ect.

These are all important pieces of information that can enable them to posibly acces your accounts and security.

I did think about posting one of them on T.Visa, but decided not to just in case it could lead to them somehow infiltrating our members in some way and flooding the membership with similar spam.

marshbags :o

To follow on I,ve copied an email that i forwarded to the U.K help desk to tip them off:-

END OF YEAR PROMO <[email protected]> wrote:

Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 18:25:06 -0800

Subject: FINAL NOTIFICATION

This is to inform you that you have been selected for a cash prize of £1,500,000 (One Million Five Hundred Thousand Pounds Sterling ) held on the 21th,of november, 2007 in London The selection process was carried outthrough random selection in Our computerized email selection system (ess) from a database of over 100,000 email Addresses drawn from which you were selected.

Contact our fiduciary agent for claims with:

Mr Edison Walker

Phone Number:+44 703 1912 825

Phone Number:+44 703 1910 546

E-mail:[email protected]

Fill the below:

1. Name: 2. Address 3. Marital Status: 4. Occupation: 5. Age:

6. Sex: 7. Nationality: 8. Country of Residence: 9. Telephone Number: * note the information they want from me, now that could really have provided them with a jackpot

Sincerely,

Sir.kolyn parkins

Online coordinator for The British .National Lottery.

Sweepstakes

:D:D:o and more seriously :D

This should be in the joke section as it really is laughable with it,s presentation.

They obviously need an English teachers help, that,s for sure.

I,ve highlighted several that jumped out at me and gave me the warning.

Now i do not open them but forward as spam and delete them.

The above i,d copied elsewhere and then transferred it through a seperate means for reference.

marshbags

P.S. They have only been posted via yahoo.com and not my other providers, so obviously they got the contact via this provider somehow?????

Edited by marshbags