Hatton V Mayweather

H2oDunc

For all those without access to a TV showing the fight Im afraid its all over. Hatton has just been KO' d by Mayweather in the tenth round. For all Hatton for me taking a lot of the early rounds The American was just to good. Maybe next time!!!!!!!!! :o

For all those without access to a TV showing the fight Im afraid its all over. Hatton has just been KO' d by Mayweather in the tenth round. For all Hatton for me taking a lot of the early rounds The American was just to good. Maybe next time!!!!!!!!! :o

Missed seeing the fight tonight so thanks for the results. HBO here in the US has been having a daily 1/2 hour TV program showing them their training everyday leading up to the fight. They both trained very hard for the fight and but was especially impressed with Mayweather's quickness so will be looking forward to seeing the fight when it is rerun.

Nothing to be ashamed of. Mayweather isn't called the best pound for pound fighter in the world for nothing. The fight surprised me. I thought Mayweather would run and just keep sniping but he pretty much stood in there. He was just too fast and skillful for Hatton. I knew from the start Hatton was going to have a rough time of it when he kept running into those strong left hooks. I'm just glad it didn't go to a decision. Now we know.

Nothing to be ashamed of. Mayweather isn't called the best pound for pound fighter in the world for nothing. The fight surprised me. I thought Mayweather would run and just keep sniping but he pretty much stood in there. He was just too fast and skillful for Hatton. I knew from the start Hatton was going to have a rough time of it when he kept running into those strong left hooks. I'm just glad it didn't go to a decision. Now we know.

hatton will learn from this and come back stronger ,weather he will get a rematch i doubt it ,doubt he'll want one ,mayweather was in another league im afraid ,hatton had one chance and that was the punchers chance ..

hatton will learn from this and come back stronger ,weather he will get a rematch i doubt it ,doubt he'll want one ,mayweather was in another league im afraid ,hatton had one chance and that was the punchers chance ..

Doubt the promoters could sell a rematch either to be honest, Floyd was just too fast at the end of the day and when he stepped up the pace as the fight went on those fast straight rights were just too much

can't see the point to be honest they are in different leagues, Mayweather would have to have a seriously bad day for Ricky to come close to beating him

The only real interesting fight out there for Mayweather right now is Miguel Cotto. Other than that, he might just retire with an unblemished career, and a legacy of maybe the best boxer ever... :o

can't see the point to be honest they are in different leagues, Mayweather would have to have a seriously bad day for Ricky to come close to beating him

The only real interesting fight out there for Mayweather right now is Miguel Cotto. Other than that, he might just retire with an unblemished career, and a legacy of maybe the best boxer ever... :o

Agreed. He really is in the class of Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard and other greats now.

manchester guy here and so sad to see Hatton lose. Anyone who has ever boxed knows that there are good days and bad days . Lets have a rematch

Mayweather would love a rematch; easy money and easy win. He has a 7 inch reach advantage and he has quicker hands than Hatton. He could just cruise next time, staying outside and picking apart Hatton with the jab and smashing him with the right hand when he tries to get inside.

No mention here of the refereeing. I thought it was pretty average, both were bending the rules as such he should have just let the fight flow on a bit more. In saying that I thought Hatton's point deduction in the 6th was justified.

No mention here of the refereeing. I thought it was pretty average, both were bending the rules as such he should have just let the fight flow on a bit more. In saying that I thought Hatton's point deduction in the 6th was justified.

Yeah, the ref should have deducted a point from Mayweather for elbows early on, so in that respect it wasn't fair up until the 10th round, but he was right to break up the useless clinching or it would have slowed down the action.

I thought the fight was pretty equal up to the knock out round. I think Hatton got the 3 out of the first 4 rounds personally and there was 2 split rounds IMHO. When a boxer has a 7 inch reach advantage, the other guy has to become a brawler, like Tyson had to when he fought giants.. You have to get in close, do damage and get out again.. anyway, enough of my armchair commentary lol.

Mayweather won and Hatton lost. It was a nice early Sunday meet up with the boys.. I enjoyed the day.

Yeah, the ref should have deducted a point from Mayweather for elbows early on, so in that respect it wasn't fair up until the 10th round, but he was right to break up the useless clinching or it would have slowed down the action.

Mayweather was using his forearm and elbow to try and open the cut that Hatton sustained in the third round. The ref should have given him a warning probably, but I was amazed that Hatton's corner didn't make any issue out of it...?

Fair dues, Hatton has won a few of his previous fights with questionable rough-house tactics. He was also surprised that Mayweather wanted to fight him on the inside, and out-perform him in every department, too. Amazing fighter.

Mayweather was using his forearm and elbow to try and open the cut that Hatton sustained in the third round. The ref should have given him a warning probably, but I was amazed that Hatton's corner didn't make any issue out of it...?

Fair dues, Hatton has won a few of his previous fights with questionable rough-house tactics. He was also surprised that Mayweather wanted to fight him on the inside, and out-perform him in every department, too. Amazing fighter.

I agree, Hatton is a nice bloke, but not the cleanest of fighters. The ref wasn't that bad IMO, he did warn PBF about the elbows. The referee had a difficult job, but did much better than the ref for the Tszyu fight, who just stood there.

No point in a rematch PBF would do much better. Hatton should retire, rather than risk being beaten by those who aren't pnd for pnd #1. Nice victory for boxing.

IMO, as a longtime boxing fan, Hatton is still the best in the Lt welter division and could be for a long time , as a Welterweight he is too small. Mayweather is one of the greats but also is a larger and stronger guy boxing in a more natural weight division. Great fight and I was not surprised at the outcome. Calzaghe against Bernard Hopkins should be a better bet for the UK.

IMO, as a longtime boxing fan, Hatton is still the best in the Lt welter division and could be for a long time , as a Welterweight he is too small. Mayweather is one of the greats but also is a larger and stronger guy boxing in a more natural weight division. Great fight and I was not surprised at the outcome. Calzaghe against Bernard Hopkins should be a better bet for the UK.

Ahmen to that Chonabot, the step up in class & weight was just too much for him. He nearly come a cropper last time he did it against :o I just can't remember his name right now.

I agree with you Chonabot, Hatton is too small to fight at welterweight. Hopefully he will drop back down to Lt welter and continue his carrer. It would be a shame for him to retire now, but a rematch with Mayweather would be pointless. I'd love to see him fight Junior Witter, what do you think?

I agree with you Chonabot, Hatton is too small to fight at welterweight. Hopefully he will drop back down to Lt welter and continue his carrer. It would be a shame for him to retire now, but a rematch with Mayweather would be pointless. I'd love to see him fight Junior Witter, what do you think?

Hatton's reluctant to give Witter a big pay day because he think's he's been rading off his name. I think a fight with the New Yorker Paul Maginagli (spelling :o ) could be a better option.