Your Very First Post On Thai Visa

GuestHouse

Looking back on your very first post on TV - how does it seem now?

I'm a newbie here so I'm still feeling my way around TV. Very informative.

I registered a year and a half ago, but started visiting daily here, only recently.

I used to be on another forum that starts with an "a."

I followed Peace Blondie here, in a way. Can PB guess who I am? :o

Joined TV after I had been a member on nanaplaza.com for a while.

No matter how many posts on nana.....one always got treated as a new member whom doesnt know anything.

Always shot down and burned by the older expats (or the so called experts).

TV was mentioned in a post there about less rude people here.

I checked it out, and it was true.

Much much less rude people here.

One can have juicy discussions here without being personally attacked.

Also seem to me that there are more "broader minded" (can I use that term?) people here, and certain subjects are not discussed.

Joined in December 2002.....first post in October 2004....

Used to read the news on the front page, didnt even realise there was a forum until they stopped changing the news items....then I decided to look around.

So I started by just looking for news items....

Since then I have changed jobs and acquired a Thai wife...

Dont know that I contribute that much but I have a good laugh sometimes.

I came on looking for Visa information, of which the Scouser kindly assisted. Since then, we have met up many times and got through many a beer. :D

Before coming on TV, i had never even been on a forum, so i suppose i wasn't sure what to expect.

I don't like it much on here, so i very rarely come back on :o:D

Edited by mrbojangles

My very first post, was unsurprisingly, asking for info on Thai citizenship requirements for foreign wives of Thai men.

After 3 years, I finally got the complete requirements (Thanks to Samran, you are a star :o), we tried a year or so ago only to find the Provincial police didn't have a clue what to do. But, now with further info and full knowledge of what is necessary, I hope I can get my husband motivated again to give it another shot.

Given the speed in which things get accomplished here, perhaps it will be another year or so :D

Hmm my first post on Thaivisa was on 3 February 2004... Though I had been in Thailand for about 10 years then, on all sorts of forums since 1994.

soc.culture.thai, the good old days. :o

Years back it was a good forum. full of good people, with good discussions. I met several in Thailand and Tommy Mc. even visited with me in the US far from his Scottish home. Tavorn, bless her good and kind heart, I still get to see with her husband at our Wat.

I appreciate the advice given to me from you about Chiang Mai as I went there to escape all those long haired dictionaries I left scattered throughout the NE and the South of Thailand

But then the morons of the internet decided it was a place to utilize their expletive dominated pea brains to chase away what had been enjoyable. I was never thought the ideas of a moderator was a good idea till it was too late. Now with the odd dustup with the mods on my views on religion I pretty well like the setup here.

Joined in December 2002.....first post in October 2004....

Used to read the news on the front page, didnt even realise there was a forum until they stopped changing the news items....then I decided to look around.

So I started by just looking for news items....

Since then I have changed jobs and acquired a Thai wife...

Dont know that I contribute that much but I have a good laugh sometimes.

Mate, you contribute heaps of info to people(myself included) regarding visa applications for a spouse to Oz. So give yourself a pat on the back and have a beer on me. :o:D :D :D

Looking back on your very first post on TV - how does it seem now?

Were you full of the joys of having discovered TV or indeed Thailand?

Forgive the newb question here, but it's related to the OP.

When did TV actually start? The first day?

It seems the oldest posts are from about 2003?

Is this forum, this new?

When did TV actually start? The first day?

It seems the oldest posts are from about 2003?

Is this forum, this new?

if you sort the members list by joining date it will tell you the oldest members joined in november 2002.

I believe george and dr pat pong set the site up.

Bah, I came on here all friendly and naive, posted a few stories of my experiences in Thailand..... and was promptly torn to pieces. Shocked to say the least. Now I understand that this forum attracts the worst people you could encounter online full of jealousy and pettyness. Still not sure why that is... perhaps because this country in general seems to attract the lowest form of human being, and this time I'm not even referring to the TV posters heh, just seems like lots of bad people come to Thailand and I guess it is reflected here on the forums to a lesser degree.

Damian

To be honest Damian I find that these types of people tend to be back in their home countries or two-weekers jealous of us and other travelers enjoying themselves, while they are stuck in some weird, gloomy and depressive world that can only lash out and despise others.

The people I've actually met in Thailand have, for the most part, been reasonable enough folk to speak to and get along with.

Maybe when some of them get in front of a keyboard they mutate in a different creature??

I first buzzed on board the empire's flagship in 2005 cause it had a fresh and vibrant vibe with folk telling it like it is. Far different to what it is now.

• 2 weeks later...
My early posts were erudite, witty and full of that <deleted> that I remain so well known (and saritised) for.

Your early posts simply set the standard for your arrogant nonsensical posturing that has become your trademerk on this forum.

Your later posts reinforce such assumptions.

My early posts were erudite, witty and full of that <deleted> that I remain so well known (and saritised) for.

Your early posts simply set the standard for your arrogant nonsensical posturing that has become your trademerk on this forum.

Your later posts reinforce such assumptions.

Another "drive-by shooting" from the member who's been with thaivisa for under 2 hours at the time of posting...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1731715

Edited by sriracha john

I pay tribute to Empreror Tud impressive or what and look forward to reading his book - afraid to look at my posts

as are all very what should I do but did try to reply to some posters. Now what have you all done to one of my

genuine favourite posters Yorkman? Bet he comes back and accuses me of patronising him but it will be a very

articulate scathing I'll be bound

Lurked for quite awhile reading.... then came across a rather outrageous post that I couldn't resist responding with:

This is one of the more ridiculous things I've seen said here...

then continued briefly to explain why.

But things are much, much different now... I very rarely post my opinion on any political issue any longer... :o

Bah, I came on here all friendly and naive, posted a few stories of my experiences in Thailand..... and was promptly torn to pieces. Shocked to say the least. Now I understand that this forum attracts the worst people you could encounter online full of jealousy and pettyness. Still not sure why that is... perhaps because this country in general seems to attract the lowest form of human being, and this time I'm not even referring to the TV posters heh, just seems like lots of bad people come to Thailand and I guess it is reflected here on the forums to a lesser degree.

Damian

That's a fact.

Although i've made some terrific friends on here. That's made the whole thing worth it. :o

Edited by Austhaied

Now I'm back in the UK I'm not really up to speed on things Thai, so I havent got too much to say. One thing I learnt early on though was make very sure you know what you're talking about, and be able to back it up with facts/links or whatever. Too many people are very quick to shoot you down, and its too easy to get into a slanging match.

I totally agree with you. I do wonder why individuals take haste to the opportunity of "shooting people down."..

I mean, why do us foreigners need to be so dam_n stuck up with each other? Is it because we're in a country much different from where we're from, that becuase of our foreign traits we believe ourselves to be on the high almighty seat? The western world ain't that much better than our Asian friends..

I realised one thing about the Western world. We hide behind our image too much. The American dream, the Kiwi Dream, the good-old Aussie dream...we've got the same problems as our Thai friends. We just have a problem admitting it.