Tot Ipstar Port 21 Blocked?

dsys

Just before I go and lay into the guys at TOT IPStar support, Has anybody else noticed port 21 being blocked since Friday, on TOT Ipstar?

Checked the DNS resolution, both local and ISP. Works fine.

I have tried to FTP to several sites all over the globe from three differnet IPStar networks here. I have used Vista, XP and Win2K machines. I have been through the firewall (hardware and client side) with a fine toothcomb.

I have tried Dreamweaver, WS_FTP Pro and command line.

Can RDP into the servers and the FTP services are up.

When I check with an HTTP->FTP service on a different ISP it works fne (ftp2net.com).

So anybody else noticed this or am I missing something obvious?

I am experiencing the same problem here.

I then tried used a gprs connection, and it worked fine over that.

I'm going to call them now.

Just before I go and lay into the guys at TOT IPStar support, Has anybody else noticed port 21 being blocked since Friday, on TOT Ipstar?

Checked the DNS resolution, both local and ISP. Works fine.

I have tried to FTP to several sites all over the globe from three differnet IPStar networks here. I have used Vista, XP and Win2K machines. I have been through the firewall (hardware and client side) with a fine toothcomb.

I have tried Dreamweaver, WS_FTP Pro and command line.

Can RDP into the servers and the FTP services are up.

When I check with an HTTP->FTP service on a different ISP it works fne (ftp2net.com).

So anybody else noticed this or am I missing something obvious?

George,

Just spoke to them, they were not aware of any problems but will have an engineer verify the problem and call me back. Guess I will call them again tomorrow.

Gimbo,

Do you know what subnet you are on? I am on 203.113.20.X 203.113.10.X and 203.113.15.X

Thanks for confirming the problem.

George,

Just spoke to them, they were not aware of any problems but will have an engineer verify the problem and call me back. Guess I will call them again tomorrow.

Gimbo,

Do you know what subnet you are on? I am on 203.113.20.X 203.113.10.X and 203.113.15.X

Thanks for confirming the problem.

Sorry I did not get back to this thread yesterday. But have no idea what subnet I am on. And not quite sure what you mean by it. If it's the subnet mask, then I only see whatever the router/modem thingy is giving me. But with some guidance I am sure I can find out :-)

Gimbo, I was asking for part of your IP address. It doesn't matter now as the issue has been resolved.

As a note I was on the phone all day to TOT and the issue was down to a misconfigured firewall setting at one of thier data centres. FTP appears to be working for me now.

Gimbo, I was asking for part of your IP address. It doesn't matter now as the issue has been resolved.

As a note I was on the phone all day to TOT and the issue was down to a misconfigured firewall setting at one of thier data centres. FTP appears to be working for me now.

dsys,

i've had the same problem with ftp the past few days also. can i ask what number you called to get your issue resolved?

thanks,

dan

I still cannot download FTP. Then again Ipstar has been pathetically slow for a week or so. I mean even worse than normal. It truly STINKS. Unfortunately I'm stuck with it except for GPRS which is very slow too.

Dan,

I have an english speaking SPoC with them, its part of the contract I have. The number will not be much use to you as its for my regional office. I suggest that you give them a buz on the normal support line. Or call your local office http://www.tot.co.th/toten/index.php?optio...&Itemid=165 always found a beter response from the local office.

I still cannot download FTP. Then again Ipstar has been pathetically slow for a week or so. I mean even worse than normal. It truly STINKS. Unfortunately I'm stuck with it except for GPRS which is very slow too.
Gary,

Ditch TOT Ipstar like I did and get CSloxinfo Ipstar. Faster and cheaper.

Thanks whoever did tell them to unblock port 21. I can finally access it now.

I tried the whole day of Wednesday but to no avail. Had a problem with the dish itself, and the techs coming here said they are tired of the "crap techs" in Bangkok. Mildly.

Well....

Gary,

Ditch TOT Ipstar like I did and get CSloxinfo Ipstar. Faster and cheaper.

Today I am able to download. Take a look at the speed. What an ABSOLUTELY pathetic service.

I changed from CS Loxinfo Ipstar to TOT Ipstar. SOS!

File name: feather-0.7.5.iso

URL: http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distri...ather-0.7.5.iso

Download to: C:\Documents and Settings\Gary\My Documents\

File size: 119.44 Mb

Current speed: 1,380 bytes/sec

Estimated time left: Unknown

Resume supported: Yes