Running A Website In Thailand

WongKarWai

1. If I wanted to make my own daily Thai Language or English language Thailand News show and air it on my website, would I need a work permit for that?

1A. If I were to accept money for advertisements from Thai based companies, would I then need a work permit?

2. Would I need some kind of license to do this? I know the government limits the amount of telesivion stations but I don't know if they limit internet broadcasts.

3. Would I have to submit the content to a censorboard or some government offical to make sure its peachy enough?

Edited by WongKarWai

1. If I wanted to make my own daily Thai Language or English language Thailand News show and air it on my website, would I need a work permit for that?

Not if you don't do it in Thailand. Of course with an Internet site this is hard to check, so it wouldn't be much of an issue.

1A. If I were to accept money for advertisements from Thai based companies, would I then need a work permit?

Yes, then you'd need a work permit. And you'd need to pay tax on it. And possibly it would make sense to set up a company.

2. Would I need some kind of license to do this? I know the government limits the amount of telesivion stations but I don't know if they limit internet broadcasts.

LOL.. No. The only thing is that if it's a Thai domain (like something ending in ...co.th) then you will need a company and jump through some hoops, but difficult it is not. And besides, no need to get a .co.th domain; loads of popular Thai sites have a regular .com domain. Like this one. But also say teenee.com, sanook.com and so on.

3. Would I have to submit the content to a censorboard or some government offical to make sure its peachy enough?

No. If it's not peachy they'll find you. :o