Cold Weather Gear

jEFFREYk44

My office in Bangkok was always maintained at sub-zero temperatures so I went to MBK, ground floor, and bought woolly hat, gloves, scarves, jumpers, etc. My Thai colleagues couldn't quite believe their eyes but it was the only way to stave off hypothermia.

Same here. We went to MBK
I went to MBK, ground floor

I recommend MBK also. However, I suggest the third floor, at the "hotel" end of the mall. There are a bunch of small "cubicle / market" type of stores that sell everything you need, and at decent prices.

We got the whole works there for Ms. Bino last year when she went to Korea in January.

F.House Jacket, MBK 3rd Floor Immage Soi 6, has production overruns, or extremely good knock offs, of North Face, Columbia, Canada Goose etc. This is in the section of rows and sois behind the area where there are lots of silly t-shirts and tourist souvenirs.

Thanks to all for your input, think I will check out billip's idea first, sounds perfect for me.

To Sutnyod, I will be going for two years (6weeks on/#weeks off) so the investment will be worth it.

Ade100, I went to MBK about 5 years ago to see Suryothai, the movie. Nearly froze and even after going outside I shivered for 30 minutes, LOL

Bilip, you nailed it! F. House has some good stuff, a North Face jacket that they sell for B2,500 (can ask for discount sir) sells in Central World for B16,000. There is an F. House on 1st floor as well..................Thanks to all

Now, about boots There will be lots of snow, any ideas?????

Edited by jEFFREYk44

Probably need a source for thermal underwear as well, any ideas?

Marks & Spencer at Central Chidlom used to have thermals. You have no chance of getting the proper boots here. The options are to get them at your destination or mail order from Canada. A popular brand is Baffin.