Why Are Jj's Croissants The Best In Chiang Mai?

Ulysses G.

I like JJ's for certain things, but most of their farang baked goods are no great shakes. I can't figure out why their croisants are so much better than anywhere else in Chiang Mai and have been for something like 18 years. Most of the other places serve a heavy bread that is not flaky, but has the traditional shape of a croissant without the delicious taste and texture - even places with farang chefs. Why can't anybody else do it right?

By the way, their whole wheat sandwhich bread and muisili/granola is excellent too! :o

I like JJ's for certain things, but most of their farang baked goods are no great shakes. I can't figure out why their croisants are so much better than anywhere else in Chiang Mai and have been for something like 18 years.

After 18 years researching the 'ultimate' croisant, I bow to your knowledge....you are the guru :o

I like JJ's for certain things, but most of their farang baked goods are no great shakes. I can't figure out why their croisants are so much better than anywhere else in Chiang Mai and have been for something like 18 years. Most of the other places serve a heavy bread that is not flaky, but has the traditional shape of a croissant without the delicious taste and texture - even places with farang chefs. Why can't anybody else do it right?

By the way, their whole wheat sandwhich bread and muisili/granola is excellent too! :o

It's little known by mnay farang but the croissants (hot, not to take away) at Mong Pearl Coffe shop just up from Lanna 3 after Phucome junction, are great, very tasty. So are the bacon cheese burgers.

My vote for the best croissant in CM goes to Carefour bakery for their whole wheat croissants, cheap, but not a great ambiance so i take them home.

I am a big fan of WHOLE WHEAT, however, I have yet to find light, flaky, wholewheat croisants, so I remain sceptical! :o

i'm telling you msn, try Mong Pearl, it's everything you are talking about. I've lived in France, eaten croissants all over the place and these are perfect.