White Temple / Bone Temple / Muse Bar

JoshMyPickle

Regarding the other places; Muse bar is on the old airport road (Sanambin Rd) going towards the airstrip on the left hand side. There is a sign. Is the animal bone place you´re talking about perhaps Tawan Duchanee´s place in Nang Lae, north of Chiang Rai town?

Is the animal bone place you´re talking about perhaps Tawan Duchanee´s place in Nang Lae, north of Chiang Rai town?

It is also known as the "black temple" This artist is definitely on the dark side, but sells his big stuff for big bucks.. He shut off access from CRU, and it is hard to explain how get there. If he is there, u usually cant look at his bones and stuff.

Is the animal bone place you´re talking about perhaps Tawan Duchanee´s place in Nang Lae, north of Chiang Rai town?

It is also known as the "black temple" This artist is definitely on the dark side, but sells his big stuff for big bucks.. He shut off access from CRU, and it is hard to explain how get there. If he is there, u usually cant look at his bones and stuff.

There is a back way - west from the hwy at Ban Nang Lae then south after maybe 100 meters... there's a gate though.

Used to be one could see a bit just driving by. Water buffalo skulls.

Muse Bar - to which I've never been - reportedly has a small Thai clientele... seems the English language flyers put in BKK Grill met little response. Just south of the hospital road which after a light is called SanKhongNoi, I think, east side. Small place, gives the impression it might flood easily in rainy season but for all I know it's very nice.

Before bothering with the jaunt out to RongKhun, take a gander at the HawNalikaNakliat - new clocktower where JetYod meets Banpaprakan (opposite end from hospital road), designed by the same "architect"...

There are books available at some bookstores with write-ups on Chiangrai artists, with portrait photos and some examples of their work - I last noticed one at Muang Tong on Trirat.

Wat RongKhun has become a major group tour bus stop - everyone taking a photo like ImageDude posted. At Lotus Family Bakery, on the northern soi between WangKom Hotel and Edison Dept store there's a CR Tourist Society mag with a weird interview of Chalermchai (I think his name is). Interesting mag, but not free to take.

You can find The Black Village on the Super Highway north of town, pass Ban Du, pass road to Ratchapat uni then after maybe 2km take soi 13 to left, after maybe 400 m take soi to left again.

post-29230-1197767431_thumb.jpg post-29230-1197767445_thumb.jpg post-29230-1197767458_thumb.jpg

post-29230-1197767472_thumb.jpg post-29230-1197767487_thumb.jpg post-29230-1197767498_thumb.jpg

This place is far more interesting than the White temple (in my black opinion)

:o:D:D

Edit: You can find more pics in "Images of Chiang Rai" !

Edited by svenivan