Britons Abroad

Prakanong

Perhaps by 'retirees' they mean only people over the government retirement-age (still 65 ?) or drawing pensions ?

I believe there are more than 1.163 retired (defined as no need to work any longer) Brits in Chiang Mai alone ! This is of course a good thing, since it means you're never short of someone to chat with, in your local bar.

Interesting that Singapore likes to get the Brits working (only 309 retirees). In Singapore it’s easy, quick and simple to get a work permit. And just by sheer coincidence the GDP per capita of Singapore is 30,854 compared to Thailand’s 9,065. Moral of this story: Get the Brits working.

Perhaps by 'retirees' they mean only people over the government retirement-age (still 65 ?) or drawing pensions ?

I believe there are more than 1.163 retired (defined as no need to work any longer) Brits in Chiang Mai alone ! This is of course a good thing, since it means you're never short of someone to chat with, in your local bar.

I think you are correct - these will probably be the over 65's who are registered to recieve their Govt. pensions in Thailand.

Interesting that Singapore likes to get the Brits working (only 309 retirees). In Singapore it's easy, quick and simple to get a work permit. And just by sheer coincidence the GDP per capita of Singapore is 30,854 compared to Thailand's 9,065. Moral of this story: Get the Brits working.

I am surprised there are only 41,000 of us out of 800,000 foreign workers

A break down of EP and WP's types would give more info - I am sure all of us Brits are on EP 1 :o:D

It was ours after all and even the Singaporeans can not forget that - they are even complaining in the Straits times today and saying they should cast off their colonial hang ups :D:D

Chip Chip old boy - off for a stngah after work so give the punkah wallers a kick to get the air moving in the Long Bar