English Books And Mags In Cr

peteinCM

I am sure this has been covered, but a search did not help.

I am looking for a place in the CR area (close to Mae Chan if there are any) that sells second-hand English language books and/or new magazines and newspapers. I'd love to find a place selling the Herald Trib or USA Today.

Thanks for any info anyone can give.

Pete

I am looking for a place in the CR area (close to Mae Chan if there are any) that sells second-hand English language books and/or new magazines and newspapers. I'd love to find a place selling the Herald Trib or USA Today.

Not in MaeJaan - but at Monkey Island MaeSai (past the market stalls down the road going west from the main bridge)

at Karekaron on Pahohyotin Rd, the main one, by the PratuSiri main downtown intersection (just south, by Lanna Souvenir)

and best of all, Orn's Used Books behind JetYod Rd (one block west of Panonyothin) -

go west past the north end of Jedyot Temple and BoonBunDasn G.H. on the sois north side, turn north at the T

where you'll see signs directing you to the house

there are a couple other places on ChiangKhong, and I'm pretty sure that's about it for the prov -

except for some lousy old thriller and romance books at a small place on the hospital road...

Not in MaeJaan - but at Monkey Island MaeSai (past the market stalls down the road going west from the main bridge)

at Karekaron on Pahohyotin Rd, the main one, by the PratuSiri main downtown intersection (just south, by Lanna Souvenir)

and best of all, Orn's Used Books behind JetYod Rd (one block west of Panonyothin) -

go west past the north end of Jedyot Temple and BoonBunDasn G.H. on the sois north side, turn north at the T

where you'll see signs directing you to the house

there are a couple other places on ChiangKhong, and I'm pretty sure that's about it for the prov -

except for some lousy old thriller and romance books at a small place on the hospital road...

Take a day trip to Chiang Mai....there are plenty of book shops with (good) english books.

Check out the bookstore in Tops Supermarket in Aphi Square Chiang Rai, there are newspapers and new magazines there, a small selection, i am not sure what kind of books you are interested in, but a few magazines available included National Geographic, Time, Readers Digest, MacWorld, Economist,etc.If you are interested in getting the herald tribune in maecan, we can arrange that for you, you do not have to buy it everyday, just whenever you want to.Tell me if you are interested, I can arrange for the store infront of the amphur in mae can to carry the herald tribune for you, or anything you will like to have. You can email me at {email snipped, please PM member}

Or you can tell me the nearest bookstore to your house, we can arrange to have that store carry the newspaper.

anyone know a good used bookstore in chiang rai t osell books?

Orn's Will do a swap depending on condition. Recently donated a bunch to BaanChivitMai near the Bus station for sale to help the charity. You might consider doing the same

Merry Xmas

Thanks for the advice. I found Orn's today (behind the temple and to the right). It is a second-hand bookshop just as I like: quaint, atmospheric, and with everything clearly labeled and marked. Decent selection as well. My partner was impressed that Orn spoke fluent Thai.

Bancha, I will not be in Mae Chan long enough for regular paper delivery, but thanks for the offer.

Pete

Check out the bookstore in Tops Supermarket in Aphi Square Chiang Rai, there are newspapers and new magazines there, a small selection, i am not sure what kind of books you are interested in, but a few magazines available included National Geographic, Time, Readers Digest, MacWorld, Economist,etc.If you are interested in getting the herald tribune in maecan, we can arrange that for you, you do not have to buy it everyday, just whenever you want to.Tell me if you are interested, I can arrange for the store infront of the amphur in mae can to carry the herald tribune for you, or anything you will like to have. You can email me at {email snipped, please PM member}

Or you can tell me the nearest bookstore to your house, we can arrange to have that store carry the newspaper.

Tops supermarket? Where is Aphi square? In relation to the clock tower. Or some other well known landmark?

• 2 months later...