Looking For Business Idea, Or Business

I have noticed that there are some very intelligent people on this Forum, some more than others of course, :o .

So therefore I put it to you to help me find or think of, or invent, I don’t care I just want a business that will work.

You may not have the time or the money nor the inclination but have an idea for a business, even if you think its stupid, or you saw someone in Spain doing it or in a magazine.

And don’t say Cigar Shop as some one is already doing that soon on the Island.

I will give a very nice prize to the person who wins. Which means comes up with the best idea that I think is the best idea.

Also if the business does well after the first 6 months and looks like a hit ill invite all Samui, Phangan, Tao resident Thai visa members that entered for a whole day out on BBC Mark’s Cat, with all food and drinks supplied.

This competition ends 1st January 2008.

Any suggestions?

Umbrellas, and more important rain sheets for driving scooters in the rain/drizzel. And also quality straw hats, for the sun but must be quality and look cool! Got more, but thats what you get for free! :o

Hey they are Dam good ideas, could do a side business with them. I remember living in GOA and everyone had those plastic see through cheap rain coats, lasted a few days and we kept them under our bike seats, they will sell like hotcakes.

That should get you on Marks boat for sure.

Hope MARK lets us have his boat with discount to me for all the support us people have given him.

How about it MARK???

Have had a couple of very good PM's already, wow there are some good ideas out there.

Umbrellas, and more important rain sheets for driving scooters in the rain/drizzel. And also quality straw hats, for the sun but must be quality and look cool! Got more, but thats what you get for free! :o

Hey they are Dam good ideas, could do a side business with them. I remember living in GOA and everyone had those plastic see through cheap rain coats, lasted a few days and we kept them under our bike seats, they will sell like hotcakes.

Sorry to burst your bubble but these are sold EVERYWHERE! Tesco, Watsons, the market, your local corner shop. Thais avoid getting wet more than any other nationality I think. Back to the drawing board. Girly bar? :D

Well, keeping to the water theme, how about a crash helmet with wiper blades so one can ride without having a hand above the eyes. You could even put some rear view mirrors on it as so many thai bikes don't appear to have any.

There you are, forget the shop and start inventing

Well, keeping to the water theme, how about a crash helmet with wiper blades so one can ride without having a hand above the eyes. You could even put some rear view mirrors on it as so many thai bikes don't appear to have any.

There you are, forget the shop and start inventing

You forgot one little detail.

No one on Samui wears one. :o

A bar called, "The Water Board."

Cover charge is being water-boarded with Chang while on a Spa enema board.

Slogan: "More Fun Than Having a Lubricated Nozzle Put Up Your Bum!"

(Note: I have an idea that that would not only make me fine money, but a legend in my own lunchtime; but seriously, do you think I'd reveal it here? I haven't done it because I don't need the aggravation of being one of the merchant class.)

Edited by Mark Wolfe

Set up a business offering newly arived misguided Ferangs council and consultation, on how to part with there money in crazy business ventures. For example, for a THB 100,000 fee you could 'consult' on how to make millions of Baht per month by selling cigars in a small yet costly chaweng shopping mall. You will be retired in 6 months, honest guv.

Hope MARK lets us have his boat with discount to me for all the support us people have given him.

How about it MARK???

Have had a couple of very good PM's already, wow there are some good ideas out there.

Ok, but need some warning when you want it as bookings are filling up fast over high season - I don't want to get too optimistic, but based on the pre-bookings it feels like the high season might be better than last couple of years (don't hold me to that, as we are still getting a few showers and we have the elections coming which may bring up some unwelcome surprises)

Whatever idea you choose, maybe you should rush in to make the most of the high season ... and then don't be like the many others that do that, spend all of the profits celebrating during Jan and Feb because their brilliant idea works so well, and fold in low season.

my suggestion?

post-51795-1197610042_thumb.jpg

open a nice and clean shop (studio) with many solariums (tanning-beds) for everybody :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanning_bed

post-51795-1197609989_thumb.jpg

i think your future customers will be farang-expats and also thai-ladys.

Why, the thai-ladys who working in a bar have to be dark skinned,

farangs don't like white girls (mostly) and also it's more easy and sanuk

to go into a sun-studio then lie for hours on the beach with a farang.

The chance to get a farang customer will increase dramatically.......

Dschai mai?

Another group of customers can be the shorttime-visitors on samui.

If the sky is cloudy during their stay here (1-2weeks) they can't go home

with a white body (everybody at home thinking that he has no sun in LOS) :o

Price for "one" professionell solarium is about 500'000bt up to 1'800'000bt

You just need about 5-10 solariums to open your new business, 10'000'000bt and you can start

good luck

Chayaphum :D

If you are Indian, there is always room for another tailor.

Most of the tailors are not Indian; in fact, I don't know of a single one in Lamai. They are all from Myanmar or Nepal, many of whom have lived in India. They tell me that they don't tell the Thais they are Burmese because there is distrust aimed at them.

Umbrellas, and more important rain sheets for driving scooters in the rain/drizzel. And also quality straw hats, for the sun but must be quality and look cool! Got more, but thats what you get for free! :D

How about it MARK???

On the boat, I'll give you my "piece of :o the resistance" (or how ya spell in french) and NO cigar stories, Dingojoe! Do we get good food on the boat? :D See ya at BBC's then. But when?

The man who is going sailing :D

Mark, the last name is Andersen, so you don't forget!

One more free one: a 24 hour self serve bensin/gas station. (this one SBK and hubby, will love!)

Edited by SamuiJens

It is pretty obvious that an optical shop that has a tailor and restaurant would cover most everything anyone could need. :o

Genius. Then you can have an eye test, have a suit made and have your dinner all in one convenient establishment. Think of the time you could save!

It is pretty obvious that an optical shop that has a tailor and restaurant would cover most everything anyone could need. :o

Genius. Then you can have an eye test, have a suit made and have your dinner all in one convenient establishment. Think of the time you could save!

Especially in the off-season! :D

One more free one: a 24 hour self serve bensin/gas station. (this one SBK and hubby, will love!)

Between the turnoff to the beach road in Lamai and the gas station was a coin-operated gas (petrol) dispenser. I think it has been taken away, though.

(What is "bensin"?)

Between the turnoff to the beach road in Lamai and the gas station was a coin-operated gas (petrol) dispenser. I think it has been taken away, though. (What is "bensin"?)

bensin? he mean "Gasoline" or "Benzin"

a 24h self service petrol station isn't new on samui, there are a few around island.

Chayaphum

A bar called, "The Water Board."

Cover charge is being water-boarded with Chang while on a Spa enema board.

Slogan: "More Fun Than Having a Lubricated Nozzle Put Up Your Bum!"

(Note: I have an idea that that would not only make me fine money, but a legend in my own lunchtime; but seriously, do you think I'd reveal it here? I haven't done it because I don't need the aggravation of being one of the merchant class.)

I have taken NOTE seriously, hey you dont have to mention it here you could PM me and still win the really nice first prize.

I guess it must be hard if you have some really good idea you want to sell, or take % of the business cause its your idea and then the guy says NO i dont like that idea, then goes and does it anyway a bit later. :o

Especially in the off-season! :D

Haha like that one.

And of course there will be food on the boat.

Hey Mark whats the capacity of your boat looks like we might have a few, this will cost me a fortune. Do i get the boat for One price regardless of how many and I guess food and drink will be per person yes? or free food? What route will we take? we will have to stop off to pick up and drop off the Phangan people and from which jetty?