What Changes Would Farangs Like - After The Election ?

Ricardo

I would like to see the Visa regulations tightened up considerably. I mean I got mine last month from a British consulate. Just walked in, got the stamp and walked out five minutes later. How boring is that? I had been looking forward to an epic adventure of Kafkaesque proportions.

Yeah thats really boring. I think there is simply not enough buerocratic rules in Thailand.

Like you need to have a Visa to open a bank account. You need a bank account with a given amount of money to get a Visa. Such rules are fun, specialy if discussed with a complete bored officer who is 50 and focus the last 10 years only on his retirement.....

Unfortunately this rule does not exist anymore

On a lighter note.

If as farangs,we aren't allowed to vote.....we should be allowed to drink :o

Here here!

But I tend to find a well stocked drinks cabinet and wine cellar solves these little nuisances of Thai elections or any other "special day".

Chin chin

I have a local store, which I could teach that these laws apply to everyone beside me, as I am neither buddhist nor do I vote. As well I can promise that I don't share my drinks with everyone. Stocking drinks for 2 days would cover a lot of space

On a lighter note.

If as farangs,we aren't allowed to vote.....we should be allowed to drink :o

Here here!

But I tend to find a well stocked drinks cabinet and wine cellar solves these little nuisances of Thai elections or any other "special day".

Chin chin

I have a local store, which I could teach that these laws apply to everyone beside me, as I am neither buddhist nor do I vote. As well I can promise that I don't share my drinks with everyone. Stocking drinks for 2 days would cover a lot of space

I little R-E-S-P-E-C-T for local laws and customs would NOT be out of order!!

The changes I'd like to see after the election are (in no particular order) :-

Honest politicians. :D

Corruption free police force. :D:D:o

Good quality free education.

Good quality free, or reasonably priced, health care.

Clean streets (all over) and breathable air (Bangkok & Chiang Mai).idiosyncrasies

Clean rivers and sea.

There's a few more but that would be a good start. But, being a realist, I know if they could achieve just one of the above pigs would be applying for pilots licenses.

That is wishful thinking.

Mine is also. Thailand to relax their anal retentive laws on owning a house in your name.They still get the money anyway & would allow Thailand to be less racist in the process!

I don't see how they can make the country that desirable if they want our money but not us. My friends would move up here, but under the current rules why! Indonesia is a better deal & they want your money & for the most part it has less racial Prejudices . I guess I am more tolerant & don't mind the idiosyncrasies of the way they do it here!

But really if they want foreign money interests here - they could do a little better!

Oddly Enough I was watching the Thai news with my girl & she said(the little man with glasses-the little monkey) was in favor of making it easier for Farangs to own a house in their name(opposed to the company or the Thai girl & Make Thailand more attractive for foreigners to come here & stay here thusly creating jobs for the 85% of poor people.If I was Thai He would have my vote! The only flaw I can see it would make corruption a lot more difficult,but it would sure bring people out of the woodwork if immigration issues & land ownership were easy like most other countries :D !