Help - Reverse Door Refridgerator - Where?

wjmark

I am yet to buy a refridgerator in thailand so maybe I am speaking out of turn.

But in the USA They are reversable.

Look on the door or doors to see if they are pre drilled on the oposite side usually they will have plugs in the holes.

I have purchased many most are pre drilled and you simply switch the same hindges.

But this may be a welcome to thailand thing for me.

But worth looking at

:o

Sorry - not enough information in my first posting.

I have been to Home Pro, Siam TV, Carrefour, Makro, Tesco, Niyom Panich, Big C,...

And I too was told not available in Thailand.

Yes, I know about looking for the holes etc on the other side - none have them (the LG has some of the places indicated where they would have put holes if it was built for another market...)

Niyom Panich has one - imported - 85,000 bt

I think I may buy a Hitachi (looks the easiest to modify) and take my Makita drill to it. Hope I don't punture anything!!!

About the Whirlpool - any ideas where to get/order one in CM?

thanks a lot for the comments and viewings,

Mark

p.s. - yes - my two door fridge will have a separate freezer door on top (or bottom) - not the big expensive side-by-side style.

Just looked at my whirlpool 2 door and can see some obvious problems with a right/left switch in that there are no holes drilled and i have a water dispensor with electrics that enter the door and i would be reluctant to switch. looks like a job for the pros.

What I'm wondering is what possible savings the manufactureres can make by supplying fridges that open only one way - surely can't be a significant cost saving given their inventory becomes inflexible. Also, you'd think that since western style kitchens appear to becoming the norm in new houses, the company that that supplies models that can be placed more easily would have a commercial advantage.

Actually, having seen a lot of Thai designed "European Kitchens", maybe thay don't care about where the fridge might fit since more often than not there are no power points in any of the places you might want to run one from...

Again - thanks to everybody for the input (even the sharp as a bowling ball stuff - I wish I were that sharp meself!).

Yes, Whirlpool has ONE model that is set up to change hinges.

Earlier today I saw an appliance shop with a Whirlpool sign in the window. I went in, and they phoned head office to ask if such a thing existed, and ordered me my weird fridge!

For everybody's info, it is a 'WBM 470' (the number itself is pretty exciting, I think!). It is only a 7 cubic foot model, but it is two door (top freezer), and it is only 7,000 baht - with FREE home delivery!.

fyi - the shop's name is Sahapanit CM, and it is near Prince College. I am sure any Whirlpool dealer could order it, 'though.

Taxexile - thanks; that phone number is a service company only - but the Whirlpool tip is greatly appreciated!

Greenside - welcome to the wonderful world of Thai logic. ie: go figure! The guy at the shop said that there are only right-handed fridges here, because most people are right-handed. I think it is the same logic as people driving their motorbikes at night with the lights out to save electricity!

Cheers, Mark

p.s. What all this means to me is that I will not have to go around the fridge door into my bathroom to get food out!