Bangkok To Chang Mai

jaffas21

hi ... im arriving Bangkok 6.40pm local time on 2nd January 2008

I am trying to book a guesthouse in changmai, and they are wanting to know what time I will be arriving in chang mai, my problem is .. im not sure how long its going to take to clear Bangkok immigration control, So i could be getting there quite late

does anyone have any experience of arriving through bangkok customs at this time of year, and a list of the three flights leaving Bangkok to chang mai after 6.40pm with any airlines you are aware of

I have asked this before ... but im just after updated info and a more clear picture

thanks

hi ... im arriving Bangkok 6.40pm local time on 2nd January 2008

I am trying to book a guesthouse in changmai, and they are wanting to know what time I will be arriving in chang mai, my problem is .. im not sure how long its going to take to clear Bangkok immigration control, So i could be getting there quite late

does anyone have any experience of arriving through bangkok customs at this time of year, and a list of the three flights leaving Bangkok to chang mai after 6.40pm with any airlines you are aware of

I have asked this before ... but im just after updated info and a more clear picture

thanks

2 flights after 6 40pm from -

suvarnabhumi 8 40 pm air asia

don muang 9 30pm thai airways

i also land at 6 40pm a few weeks earlier.gonna be very tight to make a flight the same night,as a busy time for immigration at a guess,emirates also land at around the same time,along with others.

you probably will need to stay in bangkok for the night.

you could be in chiang mai whatever time you wish the following day.

see domesticflightsthailand.com for flight times.

all the best

Shit. Looks like their bloody website helped me change destination from Chiang Mai to Samui without consulting me. :o

Sorry, jaffas. Bangkok Airways does leave from Suvarnabhumi airport. But only one flight in the morning to Chiang Mai. Air Asia would be your best bet if you wanted to fly the same night. :D

Shit. Looks like their bloody website helped me change destination from Chiang Mai to Samui without consulting me. :o

Sorry, jaffas. Bangkok Airways does leave from Suvarnabhumi airport. But only one flight in the morning to Chiang Mai. Air Asia would be your best bet if you wanted to fly the same night. :D

Air asia is as follows

FD 32421945 (BKK)2055 (CNX) Adult 829.00 THB Economy

FD 32362040 (BKK)2150 (CNX) Adult 829.00 THB Economy

So i guess it all comes down to a swift gallop through immigration or im in trouble

Edited by jaffas21