Hadyai To Krabi...

mohinga

It has been a couple of decades since I've been to Krabi, but I remember that I didn't much like the minivan (flying-coffins) experience. Next month I'll be travelling up from Malaysia to visit family in Krabi. Can anyone tell me how I can find out routes and schedules for regular or vip busses from Hadyai to Krabi? Also would like to know if bus can be boarded somewhere in the downtown area; or is it necessary to go to the bus station?

I'm assuming I have to go to Hadyai; but might there be a more direct (non-minivan) service from the border to Krabi?

Thanks.

Buses run DAYtime only! about hourly, often even 2/hour. most go on to PHUKET, starting from the HYai bussttation, then taking most pax at the clock tower/market. they run via Pattalung-Trang. IF you find the bus full, take any one to Trang and change there, wont loose time. total trip time 5-6 hrs. choice, as anywhere in Thailand, between white/orange 2nd cl (has AC, but NO service or WC) or 1st cl (blue or blue/silver, with service + WC, cost about 33% more as just 2nd).

Have you looked into Air Asia?

this is a rather useless advice, un less you fancy the (AirAsia=uncomfy) change via BKK. There simply are no and never have been flights HYai-Kra. There WERE (but it seems now cancelled also) flights Hyai-Phuket, but in total this would not save any time. please check facts first before posting!

this is a rather useless advice, un less you fancy the (AirAsia=uncomfy) change via BKK. There simply are no and never have been flights HYai-Kra. There WERE (but it seems now cancelled also) flights Hyai-Phuket, but in total this would not save any time. please check facts first before posting!

^^^<deleted>????

What's your problem? It wasn't advice, no facts,merely a suggestion. The OP said they were coming from Malaysia, I think Air Asia does fly from KL to Krabi. Maybe worth a look, tha's all!

If your having a bad day please find a better place to vent!!

^^^<deleted>????

What's your problem? It wasn't advice, no facts,merely a suggestion. The OP said they were coming from Malaysia, I think Air Asia does fly from KL to Krabi. Maybe worth a look, tha's all!

If your having a bad day please find a better place to vent!!

er...? sorry for the above garbled message; I'm a newbie...

I did consider flying. KL is too far the wrong direction, but Penang would work; and I think Firefly might fly to Krabi from there. But - and I'm just guessing here - they probably require one to buy a round trip ticket. We are going north, and then I'll be returning from Bkk.; probably by train.

I encounter this requirement for a return ticket more than fifteen years ago. Tkt agents in Malaysia didn't seem willing to sell me a one-way to Thailand - citing immigration requirements. Even allowing that this might have been a way of making more commision, I can't imagine the situation to have loosened up, considering all the recent retrictions on freedom of mobility.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Another option may be the train, I've not taken it in the South. You should be able to ride the train to Nakon si Thammarat. From there the minivan is an easy 2 hours or so to Krabi. I've done that several times. However you end up going good luck and enjoy!