Sandstone Blocks

ummm.. you can get blocks that "look" like that in lots of places. They are not sandstone as such but are manufactured. My front wall is made of them, it looks remarkably like your picture on the right.

You mean genuine sandstone? If not builders merchants sell them. I am not sure where you are, anywhere near me and I can give you the supplier

Yes I have seen the manufactured sandstone here, but I am looking for the big solid blocks and wondering what they cost. Real sandstone and not the tiles which are fastened to a concrete wall.

I am in Bkk, but will need them in Khao Yai area, but would buy from anywhere for the right block at the right price.

ahh.. I was not referring to tiles fastened to a concrete wall, I think I understood your question :o

Mine are solid blocks, maybe, ohh 8" or more thick. I saw the pallets that they were delivered on, and these were imported from Malaysia according to the stickers. Also, definately not real sandstone though! Far too consistent.

It does not sound like this is what you want, but if it is, the importer was Siam Ceramic. Despite the name they sell lots more than Ceramic's, in fact they will get you just about anything to do with construction.

Ok, well despite not being real sandstone, would you mind giving me the dimensions of the blocks and the price ??

Around 8 inches thick is the kind I am after.

Ok, just taken a quick look. The blocks are 24" X 16" or thereabouts. I can't be exact about the thickness as it is capped, short of drilling a hole that is!

I can't tell you the price, as this was done a couple of years ago now. However, I do remember calculating that the material cost was about double a concrete/ "tiled" solution, but the speed of construction and thus labour cost brought it down somewhat. On this basis I went for the expensive option on the frontage, the rest around being the usual rendered affair.

If I can find the BOM/BOQ I'll let you know, but gawd knows where that is :o