A Good Night Out

Lloyd

Hi guys and girls.. :D

I am comming down to bkk in october for a weeks holiday.

I would like to enjoy a couple of nights out and listen to some good music.

I do of course realize that not everybody has the same music taste as I.

So I am looking for a club that only plays hiphop, rap and r'n'b.

I would appreciate it if anyone can refer me to a homepage or anything.

I have been told about one club in silom named Home Bangkok I think it was in soi 4 but I am not sure, does anybody know this club? is it any good??

what about khao san road is there anything there???

hope that somebody can help with this, as I would like to get the best out of my little holiday in bkk.

:o cheers all

rca = royal city avenue, it´s going from new phetchaburi road to north. on many bkk maps u can find it. it´s famous for it´s discos, but they are very loud and play only techno.

absolute club is not exactly in rca, when u come from new phetchaburi road and drive to rca there are 2 turns, first left and then right, just at the first turn don´t turn left but right and u allready see absolute. they play mainly hip hop, never saw any farang there.

Another place u could check out is a road crowded with thai student pubs near chakuchak market, the in ones usually play thai rock. Sorry, I allways forget the name of that road it´s just a small soi running paralell to a mainraod near chakuchak market. I´m not sure if I´ve ever seen any farangs there and I was never alone there, I don´t know u, but I but it feels rather strange to go to such places alone, thais go there in groups and rather stick to them, especially the girls, it´s allways better to go there with a goup of thais.

In soi ekamai if I remember right is a place I found interesting, don´t remember the name, the thais who brought me there told me it´s owned by taksins son, maybe someone here can help.

There is a horrible new place called "the booze" in a subsoi of tong low, huge, louder and more packed than anything I´ve ever been through in rca, but many seem to like it.

If I remember the number right, in soi 24 of soi tong low are a few nice pubs, they seemed simular to me to the pubs near chakuchak.

On new petchaburi is a nice place called "brit club 99", it´s next to a shell station near the closed "Tonys", was very interesting maybe 3 years ago, lost a bit of it´s drive but still ok.

The biggest problems with all this places is they are dead on weekdays and more than packed on weekends.

When will u go to bkk ?

try absolute club in rca.

Karl

Think Absolute is closed nowadays - the owners didn't bother to renue the contract for the building.

I'm DJ'ing in Code Club, RCA tonight (Aug 31st) if anybody's interested. Style is UK/Dutch (cheese-free) Trance, spun 'n produced by the likes of Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto, Oakenfold etc.

never saw any farang there.

I´m not sure if I´ve ever seen any farangs there and I was never alone there, I don´t know u, but I but it feels rather strange to go to such places alone, thais go there in groups and rather stick to them, especially the girls, it´s allways better to go there with a goup of thais.

When will u go to bkk ?

I will be travelling with my gf.

will arrive in bkk on the 8 of october.

and fly to udon the 15.

I dont mind there not being other farangs then me,

I speak decent thai and have always got along well with thai's.

but thanks for the concern.. :D

by the have you heard about this HOME BANGKOK is it worth a visit??

the reason I'm asking is that I am writing an article(freelance) about hip hop scene in thailand. And I would like to follow it up with some photos from the actual venues.

I know the brit pub 99, I was there earlier this year.

but thanks very much any help is appreciated :o

Karl

Think Absolute is closed nowadays - the owners didn't bother to renue the contract for the building.

I'm DJ'ing in Code Club, RCA tonight (Aug 31st) if anybody's interested. Style is UK/Dutch (cheese-free) Trance, spun 'n produced by the likes of Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto, Oakenfold etc.

I love Oakenfold I never been to the Disco's in thailand pretty happening or what?? Do Thai people like to Dance?? Or mostly Farangs?? Alot of Thai Women?? :o

Karl

I love Oakenfold I never been to the Disco's in thailand pretty happening or what?? Do Thai people like to Dance?? Or mostly Farangs?? Alot of Thai Women?? :D

the thai loves to dance

and most of the places i have been to have plenty of women.

so get off your @ss and get going.

its always a great laugh :o

Karl

I love Oakenfold I never been to the Disco's in thailand pretty happening or what?? Do Thai people like to Dance?? Or mostly Farangs?? Alot of Thai Women?? :D

the thai loves to dance

and most of the places i have been to have plenty of women.

so get off your @ss and get going.

its always a great laugh :o

Sorry But I have a little problem I'm in the States Well I'll talk my wife into it next time i go to Thailand but she dosen't like to dance but i'll change that :D

Karl

I love Oakenfold I never been to the Disco's in thailand pretty happening or what?? Do Thai people like to Dance?? Or mostly Farangs?? Alot of Thai Women?? :o

House is more popular in most high-end clubs...

Just had some Perfecto labels delivered today - will be playing these this evening. Come along and find out...

Well I'll talk my wife into it next time i go to Thailand but she dosen't like to dance   but i'll change that   :D

don´t worry, all she needs is to drink

thais prefere getting drunk to dancing

:o

She got a headache last time she had one drink!!! I asked her if I could go to a nightclub in udon thani but she said you go with friend of mine I didn't want to go with her friend I wanted to go with my wife :D

I love Oakenfold  I never been to the Disco's in thailand pretty happening or what??  Do Thai people like to Dance??  Or mostly Farangs??  Alot of Thai Women??  :D

From what I've seen, Thai people, especially the young people, can dance very well! But I haven't seen very many Thai people in their 30's dancing though....Except in Pattaya... :o

Haven't been to the Dance clubs in Bangkok yet ( ALMOST went into the Nana Disco, but didn't want to pay the entrance fee... :D ), But I've been to the ones in Chiang Mai.

If you are a good dancer ( Like me! ) It's great ! I love to dance, and these places are great to meet the ladies!

But It's really funny to see The Thai /Farang couples there..... Usually the Thai women are on the floor dancing by themselves, while the White guys are mostly staring at them from their tables, drinking... :D

But I'm defintitely going to check out the clubs that play Hip hop and R & B when I return to Bangkok! :D

There are a lot of good clubs on Ratchada Soi 4 (near FutureTown). They have a variety of bands that play a range of music from Thai pop to hip-hop.

It may just be rumour, but from what I’ve heard Ratchada Soi 4 is going to be flattened by the end of this year to make way for a new train station. All bars will be moving (back) to RCA, and RCA itself is undergoing a huge facelift.

If I hear any more, will post it on here….

there's a club on khao sarn road called "LAVA".

only rnb, hip hop in there.

not too big but it was always v crowded when we were there.

prices were around 100baht for a beer and 120 for a drink.

crowd is half farang and half thai... as prolly everywhere in khao sarn road.

quite good to dance i'd say, most do, if you see a not yet pissed guy in the corner watching the girls dancing with his mates.. that's me :o:D

But  It's really funny to see The Thai /Farang couples there..... Usually the Thai women are on the floor dancing by themselves, while the White guys are mostly staring at them from their tables, drinking... :o

where do u see such sceneries in thailand ?

just wonder

Bubbles Club , in Chiang Mai, don't know how it is in the other Dance places at Other Cities in Thailand..But I'm willing to bet it's a common sight... :D

But  It's really funny to see The Thai /Farang couples there..... Usually the Thai women are on the floor dancing by themselves, while the White guys are mostly staring at them from their tables, drinking... :D

where do u see such sceneries in thailand ?

just wonder

everywhere!!!!!!!! :o

there's a club on khao sarn road called "LAVA".

only rnb, hip hop in there.

not too big but it was always v crowded when we were there.

prices were around 100baht for a beer and 120 for a drink.

crowd is half farang and half thai... as prolly everywhere in khao sarn road.

quite good to dance i'd say, most do, if you see a not yet pissed guy in the corner watching the girls dancing with his mates.. that's me  :o  :D

I cannot express this more passionately or more vehemently:

KHAO SAN SUCKS!!!!!!!

Anybody who thinks Khao San is "cool" probably thinks it'd be awesome if The Dead started touring again only with Michael Bolton as lead singer and Yani doing elevator-musak renditions of Dead classics like Ripple and Uncle John's Band.

Khao San is what happens when Disney executives get together and decide to make a "gritty" theme park.

Khao San is the place to go if you like getting your pocket-picked, your drinks watered and/or "spiked", and your ear drums pummelled by over-cranked sound systems blasting the "coolest" in Top-40 Hip-POP that's been stale for 5 years back in the States.

It's that lame.

No offence to anyone, really, but for some reason this thread made me think of that classic TISM album "Machiavelli and the Four Seasons", and specifically a track from it "All Homeboys Are Dickheads " with the lyics as follows:

I know his dad's abusive

And his mum prefers the daughter;

I know he's got an Attention Deficiency Disorder;

He's culturally excluded

And genetically inbred;

But the reason he's a homeboy

Is because he's a <deleted>.

Tell me why,

Tell me why,

Tell me why he's a homeboy.

Tell me why,

Tell me why

We all support empowerment

And positive discrimination

When your class, your race, your age, your face determines your social station;

A baseball cap and a love of rap Might need sympathy - but, still, Possibly a homeboy could be A <deleted> pure and simple.

Tell me why,

Tell me why,

Tell me why he's a homeboy.

Tell me why,

Tell me why

In the Brothers Karamazov

Here's what Dostoyevsky said;

"Know your enemy well enough

And you will pity them instead" -

And pity soon will turn to love, is what Jesus Christ once knew:

They changed their minds the day he went and met a homeboy crew

why, why, why, why...

now i am not sure if i should flame back or agree that khao sarn is lame pudgi... but since your reponse was that silly i think i'll just do the first .

LAME IS WHERE YOU ARE :D

btw : i disagree that your beerbars in pattaya are way cooler tho..or that you get more alcohol for the money..

thaiclubs rock but there don't seem to be too many playing hip hop/rnb only, which i personally heavily dislike, so that was the one i know...

oooh, i almost forgot : the reason khao sarn is so ###### uncool and not quite trendy is because of all that fat 'n ugly american chicks rolling around :o

oooh, i almost forgot : the reason khao sarn is so ###### uncool and not quite trendy is because of all that fat 'n ugly american chicks rolling around :o

Please don't tell me that has happend What's the sense of going to Thailand anymore it's being invaded :D

oh no worries mate :o there's plenty of places where you don't have 'em around, khao sarn road is definetely not the place tho :D

and there's not just americans there, lots of different nationalities, a strange mixture between hippies, alcoholics, "serious" travellers, fun tourists, kathoys, fashionable thais, artists and all kinds of scum.. :D

oh no worries mate :D there's plenty of places where you don't have 'em around, khao sarn road is definetely not the place tho :D

and there's not just americans there, lots of different nationalities, a strange mixture between hippies, alcoholics, "serious" travellers, fun tourists, kathoys, fashionable thais, artists and all kinds of scum.. :D

Wow So appealing now Thanks sleir I was just afraid of the fat american girls I live in the states and when I go to thailand it's nice to see slim women all over :D I better go and calm down :o