Money Into Wrong Account

Take the deposit receipt to the bank and explain the situation. I am sure they can rectify the problem. The sooner the better.

I transferred money thru an ATM from my BBL account to a Tisco account. I noticed when I got home the last digit in the receiving account was incorrect. I went to the local TISCO office and showed them the ATM receipt, they corrected the transfer effective the next day. It took less than five minutes.

Take the deposit receipt to the bank and explain the situation. I am sure they can rectify the problem. The sooner the better.

I transferred money thru an ATM from my BBL account to a Tisco account. I noticed when I got home the last digit in the receiving account was incorrect. I went to the local TISCO office and showed them the ATM receipt, they corrected the transfer effective the next day. It took less than five minutes.

Sure but if the recipient has withdrawn the cash then what ? 99.99% of thais (could be higher0 have no access to overdrafts that I know of and thus, the money could not be recalled if it had already been spent. Sure you can track the person down and ask but the bank is not going to stump up the cash for your mistake is it ?

It all hinges on whose mistake it was; we still don't know if it was an ATM transfer, transfer at bank counter etc.

As an example a couple of weeks ago I made a transfer to an account at the bank counter. Normally I double check the receipt but I guess that time I forgot.

Receipient called to say they didn't receive the money so then I checked the slip. I had put in right details but bank clerk had punched in wrong number so wrong name showed up.

I took it into the bank and they debited the person who wrongly received and it went back into my acct.

I asked her what would have happened if that person had of spent it. Apparently bank would have taken responsibility and bank clerk would have got in big trouble!