Work Permit Without A Degree

All the lists of docs for Work Permit application cite a copy of your degree plus a transcript. I have no degree. Not that I'm completely uneducated. I just have a problem finishing things. :o

So what does anyone know? Is the lack of a bonafide BA a complete deal-breaker? Is there a way around this, such as a mail-order (online) degree? Being friends with the King's childhood playmates?

Greatly appreciate any input, suggestion, experiences, etc.

All the lists of docs for Work Permit application cite a copy of your degree plus a transcript. I have no degree. Not that I'm completely uneducated. I just have a problem finishing things. :o

So what does anyone know? Is the lack of a bonafide BA a complete deal-breaker? Is there a way around this, such as a mail-order (online) degree? Being friends with the King's childhood playmates?

Errrrrrrrrrrr why do you want a work permit?

Your expertise or experience is in what profession?

We can only hope you do want to be a teacher. :D

I was working in Thailand in a Hotel , at the management level. And when i applied for my visa they asked for a copy of diplomas and such. The highest education diploma i had was high school and that was good enough.

If you want to teach in Thailand you must first fill out a teacher cirtification form and take that to a consulate (like vientiane) and then apply for your non-b visa. Afetr your non-b you get the work permit and file for an extension at Bangkok immigration. Problem is I was denied having no Bachelors, no TEFL, and no TESOL so I went with the 2 month tourist visa with a 1 month extension and i'll probably just keep doing that untill I get married or w/e.

If you want to teach in Thailand you must first fill out a teacher cirtification form and take that to a consulate (like vientiane) and then apply for your non-b visa. Afetr your non-b you get the work permit and file for an extension at Bangkok immigration. Problem is I was denied having no Bachelors, no TEFL, and no TESOL

Chain of events is this........NOT as above.

You have to attend a consulate complete with ALL papework from the school that is offering you employment and in some cases, a criminal records background check.

After you have received your ( likely ) single entry Visa.....you then have to APPLY for the teachers license. This is normally done by the school. This is where the checks start to come in for degree,s, transcripts etc.

When you have obtained your teachers license THEN you apply for the WP. Once WP has been granted you then return to Immigration and apply for an extension of stay based on your WP. Once again, you need to have a lot of paperwork with you.

Simple really. :o

I didn't think it necessary to have any qualifications to get a WP apart from being qualified to do the job, the job being an allowable profession and you meet the income criteria (if any). I certainly know business people in Pattaya without A levels and perhaps without O levels.