Fortuner Stolen

scalper

Hi,

This night somebody entered my house in phuket close to Laguna, took my keys and stole my silver fortunate plate 7312

WE WERE IN THE HOUSE AND EARD NOTHING

if somebody sees the car he can call me 0874669569 or the police

Sure they left phuket but we never knows;

Hi,

This night somebody entered my house in phuket close to Laguna, took my keys and stole my silver fortunate plate 7312

We hear more and more of break-ins and thefts

Lesson

Get a car alarm /immobiliser/house alarm/dogs.

Hi,

We hear more and more of break-ins and thefts

Lesson

Get a car alarm /immobiliser/house alarm/dogs.

a lot of good a car alarm will do if they have the keys ,if they want to steal your car nothing will stop them .

I do have a car alarm but they stole the key so...

My keys was on my desk not in my safe but we were sleaping in the house so coud not think of hiding them.

we live 1' to laguna main entrance suppose to be a safe place.

police perhaps saw the car on sarasin bridge at 5 am and told me robbers ususally try to sell it in burma or in the south or just the parts.

If not find tomorrow i think it will be over .

I was fully insured with a western company .

any idea when and which kind of money i am going to get?

my fortuner was quite new ( february 2007)

sorry to hear about your theft.

i think the insurance normally pay about 75% of the value after taking into account of the age of the car. they take their time in paying out too.

just about all cars have immobilisers / alarms these days so key theft is the prefered method of stealing high value wheels these days.

I was staying in a villa in the Laguna Townhomes II complex for some time and we had more than one break-in at night when we were sleeping. We had to install spotlights outside our back-yard, but those were stolen as well.

They went after my wallet and left nothing inside except my credit cards (thank god they didn't take those). Our neighbor had a break-in as well, they went for money and cellphones only.

I have written to the management of Laguna, before the break-in, and notified them that their security guards were sleeping at night - nothing was done of course. After my break-in, and heated discussions with the management of the Sheraton, they took measures so the security guards of our complex would not be sleeping at night. They also had a security guard patrolling the edge of the Laguna Golf course which was 3 meters from our back-yard.

Anyways, this area is unsafe - I have met other people in the area who have had break-ins as well. If you go to Farang restaurant near the Lady Pie shop - ask around, you'll see that you are not alone with break-in problems in the area.

Edited by kudroz

I don't know how many folks have been into Jungceylon lately, but it's full of the condo salespeople and of course there was a booth promoting Laguna. Special mention was made of it's safety.

Although this is no consolation, if the buggers were able to get into your home to get the keys, you should count your blessings that it wasn't a western or latin america type of home invasion where they find you in pieces after the house is ransacked.

I don't know how many folks have been into Jungceylon lately, but it's full of the condo salespeople and of course there was a booth promoting Laguna. Special mention was made of it's safety.

Although this is no consolation, if the buggers were able to get into your home to get the keys, you should count your blessings that it wasn't a western or latin america type of home invasion where they find you in pieces after the house is ransacked.

True but in latin America the thieves know that they may find the occupants waiting for them with guns drawn, whereas in LOS it's not quite as hard-edged, yet. :o

Sorry for your loss fortuner man. It makes the whole 'moo bahn' expat complex safety factor look a complete joke when this sort of thing goes on!

I have heard that a local security company hiring guards to a well known hotel on the island. It turns out that the guards was helping themselves to other peoples property and the security firm hiring the guards failed to do background checks for there staff. It seems that a few of them was out on bail waiting for there cases to come to court. One company hired security guards to watch the security guards, but who was watching the security guards watching the security guards?

post-55332-1199200251.gif

Edited by phukethovercraft

I have heard that a local security company hiring guards to a well known hotel on the island. It turns out that the guards was helping themselves to other peoples property and the security firm hiring the guards failed to do background checks for there staff. It seems that a few of them was out on bail waiting for there cases to come to court.

One company hired security guards to watch the security guards, but who was watching the security guards watching the security guards?

A Farang Security Guard of course, with a big dog.