Uk Visa

Me and my Thai wife live in Thailand and are going to visit my family in England next August for 2 weeks.

With all the planned changes to the UK Visa regulations I was thinking it may be better to apply for my Wifes Visa sooner rather than later. Anyone know how far in advance you can apply for a visit visa.

Also this planned 1,000 pound surerity, would it apply to my Wifes application? Or is it for immigrants families.

Thanks.

Unless they change it between now and next August the visa will be valid for entry to UK for 6 months from the date of issue, you must also leave before the validity expires. You can request that the date of issue be post dated by up to 3 months.

It is being discussed that a tourist visa validity could be reduced to 3 months, the deposit is also still only under discussion.

Unless they change it between now and next August the visa will be valid for entry to UK for 6 months from the date of issue, you must also leave before the validity expires. You can request that the date of issue be post dated by up to 3 months.

It is being discussed that a tourist visa validity could be reduced to 3 months, the deposit is also still only under discussion.

Thanks M A. So in theory she could apply up to 8 months before we travel.