Uk Eea Family Member

Hi All,

Right now I'm in the UK with my GF (thanks to the scouser). She is here on a EEA Family Member Visa (I'm EU Passport holder).

She applied a few months ago for a 5 years residency card who hasn't been guaranteed yet (so far we haven't heard anything from the BIA).

Now, her visa is expiring the end of January and she will have to travel abroad about 6 times between February and March. Also, she is going to Thailand in January (work related trip)...we were wondering if she can apply for another 6 months EEA family permit member without compromising her current residency card application.

Today she received back her passport with a letter that states ' Family member of an EEA national who are not themselves EEA national, wishing to return to the UK should apply for an EEA family permit at a British Diplomatic Post Abroad before returnig to this country'. Now, from my understanding she can apply...but I'm just wondering if this is a problem because her current visa isn't expired yet....

can anyone confirm that is ok to do so?

thank you!!

giruzz

Hi G.,

Did W. ask for her passport back? If not, why did the BIA return it without a residence permit endorsed within?

If W. so wishes, she can apply for another family permit from a British embassy abroad once this one has expired, and this will not cancel her residence permit application. She can then re-submit her passport to the BIA once she returns.

Scouse.

Hi G.,

Did W. ask for her passport back? If not, why did the BIA return it without a residence permit endorsed within?

If W. so wishes, she can apply for another family permit from a British embassy abroad once this one has expired, and this will not cancel her residence permit application. She can then re-submit her passport to the BIA once she returns.

Scouse.

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

W. had to ask the passport back because as you know she has to travel for work. She is going to Thailand at the beginning of January and she should be back before the current EEA Family permit member expires. Do we have to wait until the current one she has is expired or can she apply one in Thailand?

The main issue is that she should also apply for a Japanese visa (trip is scheduled for Feb) and the Embassy in London said that will not give her a visa unless she has valid EEA Family Permit with an reasonable expiry date on it (so can't get a Japanese visa here in London then on the way back from Japan stop in Thailand and get a new EEA Family Permit)

g.

W. may apply for another family permit at any point. The downside is that she's going to have to show all the evidence again stretching back over the two years and include proof of both your and her employment. However, the process should be straightforward as she has already been issued with one permit.

Scouse.

W. may apply for another family permit at any point. The downside is that she's going to have to show all the evidence again stretching back over the two years and include proof of both your and her employment. However, the process should be straightforward as she has already been issued with one permit.

Scouse.

Thank you again!

Submitting the documents isn't a problem...

Merry Christmas

g.&w.