Reversing Sensors

Hssl

Thinking about getting some for the pick up - anyone had any experiance with these??

I know someone who has had them fitted. But I believe that the sensors were obtained in UK. Perhaps SurinJohn could confirm.

I'd really like to know if they are generally available in Thailand then I may buy a new rear bumper for the FG's truck.

Thinking about getting some for the pick up - anyone had any experiance with these??

I know someone who has had them fitted. But I believe that the sensors were obtained in UK. Perhaps SurinJohn could confirm.

I'd really like to know if they are generally available in Thailand then I may buy a new rear bumper for the FG's truck.

Hi

They are available in Thailand (& at Prism Carsounds new shop in Surin near Big C) you can get between 4 & 6 sensors for about 5,000 fitted, I think. They have an audible warning bleeper as you get nearer to objects.

Another type (which seems a good idea) has a led indicator built within a new replacement rear-view mirror, but I'v only seen these on Thai Car parts websites. PM me if you want more directions re new shop.

Dave :o

Bought mine for the rear of the Vigo! 2 sensor cells and they work well.

Make sure you don't get the flat ones, they are cr*p, the ones I initially bought. I returned these & for an extra 1,000 baht I have the raised, rubber grommet looking sensor cells, they have what might appear to be a moisture drain outlet sited at the bottom when fitted. Cost about 4,000 baht.

(However, if you also drive a Toyota Wish, try to remember that the bip bip warning sound on the reverse camera is not infact the same sensing bip bip of your other car ! - I didn't!)

Ally

I have a back up camera in mine that gives a view of the rear when reverse is selected through the dvd player , ,. i still managed to knock a small bike over though :o ,,best get the wife to get out and back you into something :D

As Jayenram said I have had some parking sensors fitted to the truck.

I bought them at the big shopping plaza next to Don Muang (I forget the name).

I paid 1900 baht for them. 4 sensors with an L.E.D. disaplay that mounts on the dash, giving a increasing beeping noise when getting closer to the object behind.

They are quite easy to fit and even comes complete with it's own drill bit to fit the sensors.

Being an electrician, I decided to pay a garage next to srintorn school 500 baht to fit them for me, as I just couldn't be bothered to do it myself.

John.....

Edited by johnsurin

1400 Baht, 4000 Baht, guys, what are you thinking? That's a few decent meals! Call me a bluff old traditionalist, but do we really need these toys? I mean, how did we all manage up to now? Ok, if I bought a new car and they were original equipment, then fair enough; I'd probably be the first to sing its praises. But to actually shell-out the hard-earned and get them fitted? Just use shop windows if they're there or reverse really gently until you make contact. If it's a bike behind, then boot the missus out to see you back.

I dunno, mumble-mumble, country's going to the dogs, mutter-mutter, yeah; mine's a Chang! :o

1400 - 4000 Baht to get into a 'tight' parking space when driving alone is a bargin compared to dealing with a Thai whos sh$t bucket motorbike you have just clipped!

Not everyone has a 'missus' in tow all the time to guide them back!

1400 Baht, 4000 Baht, guys, what are you thinking? That's a few decent meals! Call me a bluff old traditionalist, but do we really need these toys? I mean, how did we all manage up to now? Ok, if I bought a new car and they were original equipment, then fair enough; I'd probably be the first to sing its praises. But to actually shell-out the hard-earned and get them fitted? Just use shop windows if they're there or reverse really gently until you make contact. If it's a bike behind, then boot the missus out to see you back.

I dunno, mumble-mumble, country's going to the dogs, mutter-mutter, yeah; mine's a Chang! :o

since having them on my fortuner i hav;nt hit anything while reversing ,i think they are great ,

Some of those motor bike drivers are pretty sneaky. You're in a parking place and have room in front and behind you. You're sitting waiting on the missus and when she finally shows you reverse and knock over a piece of sh!t motor bike that managed to slip in behind you without you noticing. The driver is there immediately with his hand out waiting for his 1,000 baht. Unfortunately I doubt that two sensors would do the job. I'd guess that at least four would be required to do a decent job.

Got 4 reverse sensors fitted to my new pickup, isuzu sorted it, 3500 baht. Great invention as you can feel comfortable that you get the maximum reverse without having to do the little shunt against the obstacle behind you. Just another good technological gadget that makes life easier and safer! Your age ain't got nowt to do with it and I wouldn't say 'I don't think I'll start wearing seat belts until I have had my first acciden!'

Edited by jflundy

Got 4 reverse sensors fitted to my new pickup, isuzu sorted it, 3500 baht. Great invention as you can feel comfortable that you get the maximum reverse without having to do the little shunt against the obstacle behind you. Just another good technological gadget that makes life easier and safer! Your age ain't got nowt to do with it and I wouldn't say 'I don't think I'll start wearing seat belts until I have had my first acciden!'

Err, yeah... Don't think you can really compare seatbelts with parking sensors. One is an obvious life-saver, the other is a possible face-saver. I wore seatbelts long before they were compulsory; ditto, crash helmets. But my "age" comment refers to that probably mis-placed male pride thing re driving. I mean, I just don't feel as if I need help parking yet, you know? Of course, this is tempting fate. I'll probably flatten a Honda tomorrow and have to eat my words. :o

I rarely drive the truck anymore and it's nothing to do with age. However, FG being a typical Thai driver hasn't got a clue about reversing. My tried and tested method of reversing (one hand on the wheel and the other over the back of the passenger seat headrest) doesn't suit her. In such a position, her short legs prevent her feet from reaching the pedals.

I rarely drive the truck anymore and it's nothing to do with age. However, FG being a typical Thai driver hasn't got a clue about reversing. My tried and tested method of reversing (one hand on the wheel and the other over the back of the passenger seat headrest) doesn't suit her. In such a position, her short legs prevent her feet from reaching the pedals.

Actually, that's a good point. My TW is a reasonable driver as Thai's go but she can't parallel-park to save her life. Every time I whizz into a little slot, she looks at me like I just pulled a rabbit out of a hat or something. I think she drives around town until she finds a space you could stick a Challenger in.

I dunno, mumble-mumble, country's going to the dogs, mutter-mutter, yeah; mine's a Chang! :D

Little true anecdote from caboolture near Brisbane, wifey pesters husband to fit reversing sensors on her barina,hubby eventually gives in, 3 weeks ago hubby purchases sensors, and decides to fit them as a xmas pressie for wife,guess what ???hubby under car fitting same, wifey needs car, reverses out of drive straight over hubbies ankles :o Nignoy,s Advice, when gripped by sudden lust or need to work on wifey.s car, sit down in a quiet corner and sink a few warsteiners till the urge passes :D Nignoy

Actually, that's a good point. My TW is a reasonable driver as Thai's go but she can't parallel-park to save her life. Every time I whizz into a little slot, she looks at me like I just pulled a rabbit out of a hat or something. I think she drives around town until she finds a space you could stick a Challenger in.

It is simple mathematics, geometary and physics. Not subjects that girls are very good at.

Hi

They are available in Thailand (& at Prism Carsounds new shop in Surin near Big C) you can get between 4 & 6 sensors for about 5,000 fitted, I think. They have an audible warning bleeper as you get nearer to objects.

Another type (which seems a good idea) has a led indicator built within a new replacement rear-view mirror, but I'v only seen these on Thai Car parts websites. PM me if you want more directions re new shop.

Dave :o

Do you have to be in reverse for the sensors to be activated? I mean if you are in drive or neutral and stopped at a light a motorcycle coming from behind won't activate them.

And they will only be activated in reverse.

Otherwise they would be beeping all day.

Yes, they only activate in reverse. This is achieved by linking the power supply to the reverse light, so that it only switches on when in reverse. You can also turn the beeping noise off, if you desire.

John.....