Samak Is 72 Years Old!

disgruntled

Well, I did a quick check on the Net for info about the PPP's guy, Samak. I was amazed to read that he was born in 1935! That means he's 72 years old! 72 years old! The guy sure has a lot of energy! Besides this there wasn't much else I could find online about him. What do you know about him for sure? Any info would be appreciated. He could be the next PM (Yikes!) Also if you have any links please post them. I couldn't find one good detailed biography. I'm also wondering if he is Chinese or not. One of my students told me that he wasn't and in fact he hates Chinese people. I can't say if this is true or not. He looks more Chinese than Thai to me and his buddy Thaksin is Chinese. He really is a mystery man despite being around all the time.

Thanks for any responses.

He supported the brutal murders and rapes at Thammasat apparently!

So did others but enuff said on that here

He likes to cook?

Did he fall down a pothole once or was that another Bangkok governor?

Yeah - lets have him as PM - Thailand always provides the rest of Asia with amusement!

Edited by Prakanong

The guy is a dangerous, bigoted crook, so he's pefect material for a Thai PM :o:D

It will be fun to watch other leaders count their fingers after shaking hands with him!

I forgot to mention, he also looks like the Evil Silas Greenback from the cartoon series Dangermouse

post-31474-1198048988.jpg

Local media mentioned many times that the guy and a few others instigated the murder of students at Thammasat. Often on military radios. Part of the ultra-right wing then.

Yes, murders were brutal on helpless unarmed students on campus. Things done to corps too. Inhumane stuff. Documents mostly in Thai. Don't know if anyone has any recorded radio programs on the instigations - never heard any played recently.

That forced many regular students who were not commies to flee the city into the jungles for safety . There they joined the real commies. These were then branded lefties. In reality, some were, but many weren't.

These college students brought a new level of intelligence to the hitherto brainwashed farmers. They proved to be a good match for the military who, intelligence-wise, are probably a notch below. The cat and mouse game went on for many years with no win in sight, in parallel to what went on in VN. Finally the cool heads in the gov. got smart and decided to grant asylum to all. Most returned to fruitful lives in the society. In fact many became the 'brain' for Mr. T - even til now!

Some who joined the previous admin. at the top echelon still carried on the pure ideology from the jungle days. Thus an undercurrent to undermine the most important institution of the nation.

There were big ooh-ahhs recently when Mr. T. appointed this guy to run the new party, while a famous ex-lefty acted as Secretary. Many asked how could any ex-lefties work together with one who took part in the cause of their comrades' demise? Strange bedfellows in politics.

Well some ex-lefties did refuse to work together with the guy. One reportedly left the country for Aussie. Others said they quit politics. Some others yet split for other parties set up by other cronies of Mr. T.

Samak, and that other dinosaur Banharn, are the sleaziest and most corrupt pair of crooks that have ever disgraced Thai politics. Also, both of them were there at the rape of Thammasat.

Samak, a "statesman"? Never, for as long as he keeps his mouth always so wide open. He's a croney of "Fearless Leader" who will have all the corruption charges against him dismissed and the Assets Scrutiny Committee disbanded. "Fearless Leader" will be welcomed back to Thailand and the 111 TRT members, who have been banned from politics for 5 years, welcomed back into the fold. Samak has said this publicly. :D

Vote buying rules, OK? !!!!!

I liked the reference to Silas Greenback. :o

Court sentences ex-BKK governor Samak to two years in jail on defamation suit

In April of this year (2007), the High Court sentenced former Bangkok governor Samak Sundaravej and veteran politician Dusit Siriwan to two years in jail on a defamation suit against a former deputy Bangkok governor.

The Court said that Samak and Dusit said libellous statements against Samart Ratchaponlasit in their television talk show programme on the Channel 5 last year.

So why is this guy being lauded around the country as the next Prime Minister and not in jail? Don't answer that as we all know why!!!

Court sentences ex-BKK governor Samak to two years in jail on defamation suit

In April of this year (2007), the High Court sentenced former Bangkok governor Samak Sundaravej and veteran politician Dusit Siriwan to two years in jail on a defamation suit against a former deputy Bangkok governor.

The Court said that Samak and Dusit said libellous statements against Samart Ratchaponlasit in their television talk show programme on the Channel 5 last year.

So why is this guy being lauded around the country as the next Prime Minister and not in jail? Don't answer that as we all know why!!!

Kun Dusit Siriwan is the husband of the former TRT appointed governor of TAT, who has a few challenges folowing the arrest of some folk in the US for allegedly making US$1.7m donations to her preferred accounts.

They keep good company. :o

One things for sure about Samak, he can't attract the Muslim vote like the Dems can. He'll only be popular in non-Muslim areas of the country as a symbolic vote against the Muslim-led military takeover.

How many voters would that be ?

Naka.

If he can create money for Thailand as he can cook , maybe it is

not too bad for him being PM .

The local economy is lacking behind after the topple of the former Pm ,

we can say and think whatever about these folks but the pockets of

the Thai people do speak when they are in charge , so there go the votes ,

not strange though .

PPP courts Samak, Dems court Banharn..

All looks very fresh doesn't it!

But what an endearing angle, being ageist and all.. I never would have thought. :o Is anyone suggesting that 72 is too old to be PM? Note that Thailand's head of state is 8 years his senior.

I did see the very good BBC item; his English is much better than I feared. I mean it's not super, but it showed clearly he's not afraid to open his gob in English also, which I think is a good sign.

Anyway, if he can get Thaksin back the it will be worth it to have him around for a bit. It's not like the junta left the majority voters with a whole lot of options, so there you go.

Edited by SpacemanSpliff