New Record Time For Extension Of Stay, Wp, Etc.

Yesterday I went to the one stop service center to get another two year extension.

I estimate there were already about at least 50 people inside so I feared the worst and mentally prepared myself for a long stay in the one stop center.

You know how it goes, you take your cue number and have a seat.

Your number gets called and the number of the counter you should go is mentioned, as happened this time.

You have all the paperwork, pictures and stuff ready and travel from counter to counter and in between there is waiting time which I normally kill by reading a book.

Your papers get checked and stamped and finaly you have to go to some office where a friendly lady looks at you and passport picture and stuff have a litlle chit chat and signs off.

I was there at 09:00, and guess how long it took.........hmmmmmmmmm?

50 minutes and I was out!!!!!!!!!

Amazing isn't it? :o

Cheers all,

Alie

I don't know about two years, but I did get a 3-year work permit and a corresponding 3-year extension to my non-imm B visa, back in 1997. And since I did quite a bit of travel, I didn't even have to worry about the 90 day reporting (in those days, it did not seem to be enforced much anyway). So for 3 years, I never had to do anything regarding immigration, and no annual extensions. Everything was handled by our company law firm, so I do not know the ins and outs of how it was possible. But for me: Total bliss!

This I believe was granted because my company had BOI zone 3 approval. I am not sure if this still applies today, as I am no longer "gainfully employed", but just a lazy sod enjoying my early retirement.

On topic -m the question was about fastest approval times. I thought 50 minutes rather long. Did my retirement renewal on Wednesday in total time of 20 minutes.

GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.............

OK, will try to beat that in 2009, ha ha ha.

Alex, I would like to thank Khun Sunee in the Chiangmai immigration office who I think likes me.. I know this is an unfair advantage. I'll make sure to up the cup-cake deliveries over the next year... my new target.. 20 minutes and that will include finding parking!!