Channel 4 Documentary - Uk

game4shame

I still frequent some of the go-go bars, but with the knowledge that what is really going on around me gives me a little more compassion than I used to have, and with that I respect what the girls have to do a lot more, and hopefully they respect me a little more too.

Aw, that's nice.

Do they give you a discount for being so compassionate and respectful?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really think it is as simple as that you were just born to be a better or morally better person than others?

nope i didn't say that. i said i don't want to hear the excuses. if you knew my whole story you would know i had it even worse than most bar girls.

I'd be most interested to learn from the board just what constitutes a respectable tourist.

Does it mean abstaining from any sexual activity during your holiday in LOS?

Does the stigma only apply to men?

Just asking so I can learn how to conduct myself with the correct measure of decorum on my next visit.

Perhaps you should share your hardships with the members of Thai Visa - then we can judge you, as you would to others.

of course i won't put my sob story on here, suffice it to say i have one, and it is comparable to most bar girls'. i am not judging anyone in particular, just saying most people have sob stories, and some people work hard to put them in the past and become successful through their own wiles, and some people use their sob stories as excuses and crutches and take the (supposedly) easier way out. i don't respect the 2nd group, and many bar girls fall into it. that's all i am sayng.

You really think it is as simple as that you were just born to be a better or morally better person than others?

nope i didn't say that. i said i don't want to hear the excuses. if you knew my whole story you would know i had it even worse than most bar girls.

your buffalo was sick and you had no money to pay for medical expenses? :o

Perhaps you should share your hardships with the members of Thai Visa - then we can judge you, as you would to others.

of course i won't put my sob story on here, suffice it to say i have one, and it is comparable to most bar girls'. i am not judging anyone in particular, just saying most people have sob stories, and some people work hard to put them in the past and become successful through their own wiles, and some people use their sob stories as excuses and crutches and take the (supposedly) easier way out. i don't respect the 2nd group, and many bar girls fall into it. that's all i am sayng.

Is working in a bar really that easy? Have u seen some of the men they service.

Too bad they weren't as fortunate as yourself. Sure you think you had it bad. Did you pay for your high school education, have practically no role models, have others look down on you because of your dark skin, have 1 or 2 companies within a 15 mile radius that had more than 5 employees...

You have no idea what is like to be a poor Thai woman. What is so wrong with laying 10 minutes on your back for a few bucks?

Edited by siamamerican

Let me make it easier to understand for girlx.

Let's say there are 10 normal jobs and 5 bg jobs available only here, and there are 20 woman. What is going to happen? Should there be 10 people just waiting to starve? Do you get the point?

And I have not mentioned yet those so-called normal jobs could mean are actually slave-like jobs that you have to work 14 hours a day and perhaps treated badly by the employer and still don't get enough to live like a human, and for the bg jobs there are plenty of people around ready to trick and lure you into them.

Do you get the point?

Just my humble opinion, there is no reason for someone to have no respect for someone for no reason. They did not harm anyone, did they? They are the ones usually harmed by the society. So why look down on them? I just can't understand.

Anything to do with self confidence?

its not ez to get men to pay for pleasure. have you seen wot some of these workers look like.

just guessing, say a 100 work at a place. 20 constantly have customers. the rest have to thank their lucky stars if they get man every now and then.

it aint ez munney for the majority of them.

Whilst, I understand from what you have said that you have had a difficult life, I think someone who has endured "hardships" should have a little bit more empathy with those that are less fortunate. You have been firtunate to be able to work hard and get yourself out of the said situation, others will never even get the opportunity to do so.

I'd still like to suggest that there is a difference between Thailand and the USA, UK etc where even with many hardships there are escape routes out of it with the right effort. One of the big problems here in Thailand is the lack of free quality education, and many girls will find themselves finishing school at the age of 12,13,14 without completing their studies, and thus unable to enter University. Without a degree in Thailand, opportunities are pretty dam_n limited in the better paying jobs. In the UK, I'm not sure about the US, even students who are not so academicaly gifted have access to vocational qualifications which enables to set them up in life.

I'm not going to defend all BG's, but I'd suspect that a significant amount of them would prefer to be working in a nice job, rather than servicing some sweaty, fat old Yank, Brit etc, but an you blame someone for working in an industry thast for many can provide a financilay comfortable life for her and family? I'm not going to get into the psychological aspects of it, as that is not the point that I'm trying to make. In the end, what ever industry, profession that people work in, the majority of people will go where the money is best. Is it any more more morale to work for the CIA and torture people? Good jod though isn't it? :o

I'd still like to suggest that there is a difference between Thailand and the USA, UK etc where even with many hardships there are escape routes out of it with the right effort.

i agree with this in one aspect, and that is from a young age we are taught to think independently and be optimistic/ambitious in the US. in thailand they do not have that benefit. but there are several people who have pulled themselves up from nothing here nevertheless without working bar, so it surely is not impossible in this country.

I'd still like to suggest that there is a difference between Thailand and the USA, UK etc where even with many hardships there are escape routes out of it with the right effort.

i agree with this in one aspect, and that is from a young age we are taught to think independently and be optimistic/ambitious in the US. in Thailand they do not have that benefit. but there are several people who have pulled themselves up from nothing here nevertheless without working bar, so it surely is not impossible in this country.

There are lots of jobs everywhere , the thing is that most of those

ladies are so lazy and prefer to do this job for some more cash .

Laziness makes most of them do it !

i agree with this in one aspect, and that is from a young age we are taught to think independently and be optimistic/ambitious in the US. in thailand they do not have that benefit. but there are several people who have pulled themselves up from nothing here nevertheless without working bar, so it surely is not impossible in this country.

Just curious, what is your issue with working in a bar?

Religion aside, if a girl uses her body to make a living, I don't consider her less of a person. Sadly, most girls make substantially more than they could at other jobs. What they do with the money is another matter. My guess is that most leave the profession with little to show for

Religion aside, if a girl uses her body to make a living, I don't consider her less of a person. Sadly, most girls make substantially more than they could at other jobs. What they do with the money is another matter. My guess is that most leave the profession with little to show for

Don't think one can consider themselves very fulfilled doing work

like this mate ?

my issue is not with them working at the bar... if they really want to do so, good for them. my issue is with those who say they have to work the bar because they have no other options.

my issue is not with them working at the bar... if they really want to do so, good for them. my issue is with those who say they have to work the bar because they have no other options.

You still don't get it even after this, what I posted: "Let's say there are 10 normal jobs and 5 bg jobs available only here, and there are 20 woman."

Take the Titanic for example, do you think if it could be possible that 100% of the passengers have survived the accident? There simply aren't enough life boats.

Same it is in a lot of societies in this world. The society needs someone to do these jobs and it will regulate on its own. And therefore in poor countries especially where basic human rights is minimal, a lot of people are left with very few choices to survive. Do you think girlx that if you were born in a poor family in Sudan, you would be the one you are today, even if you were as strong as you are now?

I mentioned it already, if you can find 3 jobs, you are not even close to being catergorized as the less fortunate of the world. It is a bloody joke to claim having had a hard life when one can have 3 jobs. It is a different match like primary school football vs english premier league.

So it would be nice if you could please get off that horse.

:o

Edited by meemiathai

I think you are continuing to misunderstand what people who you disagree with are trying to say. In the end, is it really such an issue? The industry is all around the world, people pay for it, and people make a living from it. Te only issue I have with it, is those that are quite literally "forced" into it. Others probably make areasoned guess that they can earn enough money in a fairly short period of time to support the family, build a house etc, etc. I don't see it as being any different than a politician pimping his ass for funding from various lobbygroups, in fact thos that work in bars probably have more scruples.

Masturbation fodder dressed up as a documentary. The poor dear who made it probably thought she was being right on, trendy and dealing another blow to men.

If women in the west are so independent an not in need of a man, why do they behave as the collective "woman scorned" (who hel_l hath no fury like) and call anybody who doesn;t fancy them a looser. We hear it a lot "you are scared of real women!!" Yes dears, really scared, and not at all interested in sex, or espescially, spending extended periods of time with you. In my opinion (which BTW I am actually entitled to) anybody that spends their entire life in the UK is the looser.

We see and hear vile sterotype after vile stereotype perpetrated by the trendy left, and any opinoins to the contrary are shouted down. It is ok to lable all men wife beaters, drunkards, sex tourists, rapists etc. But retaliate and the whole of the idiot PC brigade is howling for your blood.

In my book if somebody will work in Birmingham all year to spend a few weeks with a bar girl, its says more about the state of whats on offer there than it does here.

Its not all hard work in the Bars. There are plenty of jobs in Thailand, plenty of them paying much more than their home towns or farms. This is a life choice for most of them... and for that matter most of us!

Let's say there are 10 normal jobs and 5 bg jobs available only here, and there are 20 woman.

well then 5-10 women will have to move where there are jobs or use their brains and start something from the ground up?

dupont that was a pretty delusional post.

Edited by girlx

Let's say there are 10 normal jobs and 5 bg jobs available only here, and there are 20 woman.

well then 5-10 women will have to move where there are jobs or use their brains and start something from the ground up?

Back to the documentary then. Anybody think it had any merit?

More importantly has it changed anything or told us something we didn't know. Its probably going to put more actual sex tourist on planes than might have got on them without it. IMHO

Sorry my non pc views offend so much, but I can have them.

You can have the rest of the thread, its a dud anyway. I just join in as I enjoy all the bile and double standards involved in the making and supporting of pap like this.

Count me out.

Are you implying that you have used a lot of brains?

Have you ever used your brain to think that brains have different levels of capability? Is it that difficult to understand that the sky in the eyes of a frog in a well is only as big as the opening of the well? It will never know that it could be bigger. Can you grasp the idea that one cannot see what there is behind a mountain that is in front of oneself and not everyone is capable of climbing a mountain?

Would it be nice for me to blame it on you that you had problems which you have mentioned before living in thailand with your neighbours whilst a lot others coped with it just fine?

I am quite baffled by the fact that someone can compare opportunities in life in the west with thailand especially from someone who seemed to have spent quite some time in thailand. No wonder you complained about your neighbours, maybe it was your attitude.

By the way, not sure what you meant having no respect for them. Does it mean you look down on them?

You mean you would look down on someone even if they have sacrificed themselves for their family members? Like taking care of sick or old parents and making life better for the kids?

One last thing, may I ask you, just if one day you woke up and lost every ability of what you have learnt due to some brain problems, how do you want people to treat you? of maybe that is too difficult to imagine?

well then 5-10 women will have to move where there are jobs or use their brains and start something from the ground up? How would they finance it?

Your situation doesn't really compare to the one faced by poor Thai familys. You have been able to realise the American Dream, unfortunately, for your Thai counterparts the only dream is an impossible one.

Well when you are strapped with taking care of parents - this burden alone is more than the avg thai salary. Add supporting a child or two and you can see why those who choose the bar profession do this. They can't afford to not to since there is nowhere else they can make that sort of dosh to support families. Now if more than one sibling helped out family obligations then perhaps none would have to enter the profession. However least in thai cases -its normally the eldest lady - supporting everyone. Course there are those that are out for quick dosh, and dont fall in this category, but I'd say majority do so because they financially have to.

As far as the tele program - typical channel 4 rubbish. No merit, just shown for titillation.

Edited by britmaveric